With @Peter_G’s blessing, I’m filling in for this year’s Monzo Community Year in Review! Or as I like to call them…
THE PETER_G AWARDS!
Just like last year, award emojis* are up for grabs, so vote away! Polls close at 23:59 (GMT) on December 15th. Awards on December 22nd.
Ready, Steady, Vote!
1. Best Monzo launch (UK)
- new look Monzo app
- Pre-approved transfers
- Safety nets
- High contrast themes
- Spending block
- Monzo investments
- Instant access savings pot
- Physical Flex cards
- Default plan for Flex
- Pot to pot transfers
- The return of Apple Pay to Monzo.me
- Plus/Premium savings pot bonus rate
- Trends for Monzo business accounts
- Connected accounts for Monzo business
- New joint cards
2. Best Monzo launch (US)
- Savings goals
- Merchant feedback
- $20 referral program
- Credit card pots
- Automatic salary sorter
- Spending from pots
- Notifications when a transaction settles at a different amount
- Salary sorter for connected accounts
- Pot target dates
- 24/7 customer support
- Get paid early
- Fixing the broken UTC clock
- Plaid support
3. Which US exclusive feature do most want to come to the UK?
4. Most anticipated new feature (UK)
- Cheque imaging
- Post office support
- Completion of the new look Monzo app
- Multiple savings pots
- Joint account parity
- Revamped Plus/Premium products
- Child accounts
5. Most anticipated new feature (US)
Monzo USA has a lot of stuff on their roadmap. So we don’t end up with 20+ options, I’ve shortlisted those on the roadmap with more than 100 upvotes.
Time for a break!
Enjoying the polls so far?
Now it’s the fun part where I get to be a little bit subjective with my poll picks. My community highlights might be a bit different to yours, so I’m sorry if your favourite moments don’t make it into the polls.
6. Best community moment
- Peter emerges from his slumber
- Community sleuthing
- Revels loses a bet / check imaging is finally happening!
- Piloting cashback with the community
- The community’s apparent Taylor Swift obsession
- Getting competitive with The Guardian’s Thursday Quiz
- The community watches the The Traitors, turning the TV show thread into a thread of blurred text (Technically last year, but too late for last year’s polls)
- N26throwaway (Hey! That’s me!) hacks the Action Button (My favourite thing I’ve done on here this year)
- David’s Teardown detective-ing (and subsequent rick rolling of revels)
- leewatkins fixing the iOS crashing issue
7. Best community thread
The one you’ve most enjoyed reading or taking part in. Shortlisted from the top 5 open threads created in the last year by number of replies.
8. Best community engagement
- The Flex / Borrowing team (The Monzonauts who are building Monzo Flex and engaging with our feedback and problems in the Flex thread)
- The Community team (The Monzonauts who keep the community and socials in good working order)
- The App Evolution team (The Monzonauts who are redesigning the Monzo app and engaging with our feedback in the App Evolution megathread
- The US team (The Monzonauts who are proactively building Monzo for the US and regularly sharing updates in the Monzo USA section)
- The Paid team (The Monzonauts responsible for products like Monzo Plus and connected accounts)
- The Savings/Investments team (The Monzonauts who are building the savings investments products and their respective part of the app)
- The Cashback team (The Monzonauts who are bringing us the new cashback rewards and engaging with us in the cashback thread)
- The iOS Health team (The Monzonauts who have been working to improve the health and performance of Monzo’s iOS app and can be found engaging with feedback and problems in the iOS health thread)
We’re in the home stretch now!
Last year, we had a Most Suffering Monzonaut poll, but rather than repeat that this year, I wanted to focus more on recognising good, quality engagement and involve the rest of the community in that, too.
Engagement from both Monzo and the wider community is the driving force behind what makes this a great place to hang out. To that end, I’ve decided to include a couple of polls for some competitive fun to highlight and honour those who go above and beyond with their engagement to keep things interesting, welcoming, fun, and helpful for all of us.
For an objective shortlist, I’ve selected the folks who are in the top two of our annual leaderboard for:
- Topics Created
- Replies Posted
Please vote for the Monzonaut and Community member whose engagement you think has, overall, been the most helpful, most fun, most interesting, and elevated your experience. Votes will be hidden on these polls.
Remember, this is intended as a bit of fun and isn’t a super serious popularity competition to be won at all costs. And @AlanDoe is not allowed to weaponise the ban hammer as a bribe for votes.
9. Monzonaut of the year
10. Contributor of the year
Phew! That’s it!
I’ve almost certainly forgotten something (I’m not nearly as exhaustive as Peter), so tell me what that is below
Happy Holidays and Pleasant Polling!
*Plushies all-around! If Monzo fancy being a little less Grinch now they’re profitable. Or maybe even a forum badge? Monzo?
Okay. One more. A bonus poll.
Bonus Poll: The best platform to use Monzo
There is only one correct answer. Make sure you choose it.