We haven’t had a big poll for a while!
So while we’re predicting what we think will happen in 2021 and chatting about what we hope Monzo will deliver, I thought it’s time for, yes, that’s right, a big poll!
Usual caveats apply: this isn’t endorsed by Monzo and they may or may not action any of these ideas (or, sadly, even read them). But let’s still give it a go! The question is…
…what would you like to see from Monzo in 2021?
- Use virtual cards to pay from Pots
- Connected Cards to give to trusted people
- Credit Card Pots (when you spend on a linked credit card, stash that money in a pot)
- Native features for connected accounts (full history, budgeting, notes, categories, split the bill…)
- Add virtual cards to Google or Apple Pay
- A Monzo credit card
- Genuine data insights in-app (like Year in Monzo?)
- Scan / OCR receipts to the app
- Google Sheets templates (e.g. for budgeting or analysis)
- View your CVV in the app
- A lower cost paid-account with just the software features
- Cheque imaging
- Restore chat button for all users
- Clear large transfers in advance (not same day)
- Pay cash in at the Post Office
- Native rules (like IFTTT) in the app
- Round-ups to external accounts
- Send money to external account on triggers (e.g. salary paid-in)
- Add notes to recurring transactions and direct debits automatically
- Full web app
- iPad / Android tablet app
- Connect to investment providers (e.g. Nutmeg, Vanguard, Freetrade, T212…)
- Connect to mortgage providers
- Connect to wider range of savings providers
- Connect to crowdfunding platforms (and see your Monzo shares in Monzo!)
- Connect offline accounts (enter amount you have in accounts without API)
- Calculate net-worth and changes over time
- Joint account parity
- Samsung Pay
- Garmin Pay
- Merchant or category block
- Complete budget revamp!
- Fix Monzo.me so that Apple Pay works again
- Fix merchant data
- Card payments (e.g. Netflix subscriptions) from Bills Pots
- Transfer money directly between pots
- Full transaction history for pots
- Receive international payments natively (IBAN!)
- One-use virtual cards
- Dark mode
- Family or children’s accounts
- More granular card controls
- Reimagined search (including filters)
- One feed across all accounts and pots
- Automatic get paid-early
- Purchase protection (like Revolut Plus)
- Instant withdrawals from savings pots
- Better assessment of credit worthiness (for overdrafts and loans)
- Something else (share below!)
I’ve left off fixing the payments tab - and all the good stuff about payments in general - because @kavi is on it. In Kavi we trust!
And - big change for this big poll - I’ve killed off the FitBit Pay option . After Google acquired FitBit, it felt like it was the best thing to do. Don’t @ me!
Voting closes end of February. No storming my Capitol if you don’t like the results.
Ready, set, poll!