Help us test physical Flex cards 👀

Help us test physical Flex cards :credit_card::tada:

You’ll already have a pretty good idea of what we’re announcing today - as is tradition!

We’ve been designing, building and testing physical cards for a while and we’re excited to invite you to try them too. But first, here’s what you need to know…

Physical cards are optional

We know not everyone wants or needs a physical card, so you’ll have a choice. You carry on using the virtual card and flexing existing Monzo transactions from the past 2 weeks, just as you are today. And you can always order a physical card if you change your mind later.

We hope you’ll agree, the cards look great

We spent some time experimenting with different designs and print techniques to make the card, and I think they look great. We’d love to hear your thoughts too.

The design of your virtual card will update to match your physical card when you activate it. That means no more personalised squiggle for Paid or Premium members with a physical Flex card. But don’t be too disappointed, as there is an easter egg within the physical card design that we think makes up for it!

Ready to give it a go?

We’ll be inviting a small group of Flex users to test the cards before we roll them out, but we’d like to invite any Flex users in the community to give it a go first :tada:

All you need to do is complete this short form by Friday. We’ll update your accounts over the next few weeks. We’ll send you an email to let you know when you can head into the app to order a card, so keep an eye on your inboxes :eyes:

P.s. Make sure you’re using the latest version of the app, or you may not be able to order a card. You won’t be able to order a card if you aren’t up to date with your Flex payments.

:information_source: If eligible, Monzo Flex is interest free to pay in full on your next monthly payment date or over 3 instalments. You can also pay over 6 or 12 instalments at 24% APR representative (variable). You have to be 18+ years olds to apply. Ts&Cs apply.

Carefully consider the cost of credit before a purchase. Missed payments negatively impact credit scores and you may lose the interest-free rate on existing plans.

Representative example: 24% APR representative (variable). £1200 credit limit. 24% yearly interest (variable).

62 Likes

Ooooo :eyes:

I’m super curious about this Easter egg though.

17 Likes

Really nice card design!

8 Likes

An Easter egg within the PHYSICAL card? What on earth could that be? :eyes: :eyes:

I signed the form, can’t resist a shiny new card,

7 Likes

Now, if monzo were to introduce a “pay in full in 1 month” option, which could be set to default, would this be the fintech credit card / travel credit card that people are looking for?

24 Likes

NFC activation?

3 Likes

Nah, iOS won’t allow it, I don’t think…

5 Likes

Well I was thinking android (I am iOS) but I’m sure that others do this - algbra being one but I never could get it to work that way in honesty

2 Likes

:eyes:

6 Likes

Easter egg - neon physical cards glow under UV, assume this will too :heart:

14 Likes

On a totally unrelated note… what is that wallet in the background? Looks nice :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Sure this is a Bellroy.

10 Likes

Looks like a Bellroy?

5 Likes

Bingo! I’ve had it a few years and it’s great.

Now back to guessing that easter egg. What if it turns into an umbrella in the rain?

10 Likes

Would it be neon rain? :eyes:

Card becomes wet, full glow on show.

3 Likes

What if it plays the Eastenders theme tune in the app when a payment is made, to symbolise the “Thames”-esque view?

I’d be disappointed if it was the same easter egg as other cards, and it just glowed in UV.

2 Likes

Now we’re getting somewhere

9 Likes

Given we all know Monzo is London centric, a small dot in the location you live relative to the curve of the Thames :eyes:

10 Likes

I don’t think the card will be big enough for my location dot. :laughing:

6 Likes