It’s Glowtime – Apple announces iPhone 16 event

Customary Apple event thread – we can then rename for iPhone 16 post-event as I imagine that’ll get the most attention.

4 Likes

Is the generic iPhone thread not enough?

Or the Apple Products one, as it’ll include Watch (and maybe more) too? :melting_face:

1 Like

No

1 Like

I dunno, the iPhone 15 announcement was discussed in the generic iPhone thread, which was there from when the iPhone 14 was announced. I think as a community we decided to not have a thread per iPhone anymore.

I don’t really mind either way, just seems weird to have more Apple threads :joy:

2 Likes

Does anybody know what Glowtime is potentially referencing?

Probs a play on the fact that there’s updated Siri, which glows round the sides of the screen when you enable it etc.

It’s all pointing to AI/Siri improvements I think.

4 Likes

There’s usually an event thread. It can then be closed afterwards. That way comments on Hair Force One / Daddy Federighi won’t be in an Apple Products thread.

1 Like

“Hey AI-Siri, in the style of a polished, unique take on something that already exists but yet sounds much better coming from Infinite Loop marketing, describe in one literal word the beginning of a new day - our day”:

“Spawn”

Not really. A bit too self-indulgent. Try again

“Dawn”

Better, but you’re not Mother Nature. Try again

“Yawn”

Nailed it

2 Likes

Fair, we didn’t for the iPhone 15, is all I’m getting at - and the discussion took place in the generic iPhone discussion thread :stuck_out_tongue:

But sure, let’s chat in here about the event :smiley:

1 Like

At least Gemini would get to Yawn first when describing an Android Launch! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Gemini would think it’s some sort of pizza topping that needs to be glued on.

2 Likes

There was an iPhone 15 thread, but it didn’t see much activity and was auto-closed.

Also

There’s a bit of a precedent.

1 Like

At least Apple know how to hold a keynote and sell polished if not exciting features.

Google could invent the cure to cancer and would still fail to engage the audience with their wooden, robotic presenters (and that’s offensive to robots).

1 Like

Yeah, but not for recent iPhone events:

But as I said, I’m cool with whatever, the WWDC ones don’t really fall into Apple Product threads, as they’re arguably software, but now we have an iOS Thread.

Let’s just agree to disagree and keep chatting in here. :slight_smile:

(You missed ‘pre-recorded’ between ‘a’ and ‘keynote’)

Oh, don’t get me wrong, the polish and consumer-brainwashing is insane-level.

Gemini device vs iPhone

You can see it coming.

3 Likes

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet.

You’re not a fan. We get it.

But your retorts which convey that are borderline ad hominem towards those of us who do. Indirectly insulting fans of the tech under the guise of criticising said tech.

Take the trolling elsewhere. Or better yet, just don’t. You’re better than that.

-Tom, a brainwashed consumer.

6 Likes

I acknowledge your reaction that I voiced a genuine opinion in the public domain of online opinions.

I have my opinion. And you have yours. I totally respect yours and would expect the same in reverse.

-David, real name.

2 Likes

I think we both know what you’re doing. It’s far from the first time, and I’m far from the first person to call you out for it.

I respect your opinions about Apple, I just wish you’d go about voicing them in good faith. That’s the aspect I take issue with, and you do yourself a disservice with it, David.

-Tom, mostly real name. :wink:

2 Likes

10 Likes

On a serious note, I do hope the Apple AI stuff comes to the UK fairly sharpish and doesnt languish into iOS 19