It’s Glowtime – Apple announces iPhone 16 event

It’s already available for the UK in the iOS 18 Beta - it’ll release publicly at the same time it does for the United States. (if Tim is feeling nice)

To use the new Siri you need 18.1 and to use the us region on beta and language.

2 Likes

1 Like

I consider my passively interested, I was seriously considering one last year, but there was no sideloading for UK and 60hz in the base iPhone is laughable.

It’s looking like the same again this year, so will stick with my S23 and seeing what next year bring, but will watch on.

Also, is it just me who thinks this AI stuff is a waste of time? Not seen a single really useful use for it yet, and not paying for the privilege to find out.

1 Like

I think it’ll be really powerful when it gets into some of the summary functionality etc. I’m not a huge believer that the generative stuff in AI is where it needs to be, to be relied upon.

Genmoji will be fun, but that’s about all from the generative side! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Looking forward to this event as I’m making the switch (back) to Apple from using Google Pixel devices for the past 2 years.

Will be picking up the iPhone Pro 16 as well as either the Apple Watch Series 10 or Ultra 3.
Also need to replace the Pixel Buds Pro with some AirPods Pro, going to be an expensive month :laughing:

1 Like

That’s always the thing with switching between Apple and Android :laughing:

If they improve that to provide more than a one-line summary for long stuff.

It’s great every few years when I go the opposite direction as Apple devices hold on to their value well so you can easily replace everything with Google equivalents and have some money left over.

Making the switch back to Apple… not so much

No and me neither.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for apples folding devices still and if the uk will allow a device without a physical SIM card considering the US has been for two years had iPhones with only esim options

1 Like

Interesting. I’ve just gone in the opposite direction and after two years on an iPhone 14 Pro decided to switch to a Pixel 9 Pro.

In all honesty there isn’t much difference between the premium level iPhones and Samsung/Google phones now.

I’ve seen lots of concepts for the leaks that are apparently what the new devices are going to look like and I’m very excited to see which ones will come true.

Just in time for my upgrade this September :imp:

It won’t look this good, but I can dream

1 Like

That is stunning :star_struck: I want!

Welcome back too.

1 Like

It’s nice but I still yearn for midnight green back again, easily the second best iPhone color after jet black.

1 Like

I second this. Can’t stand anything gold personally, just screams chavvy to me. Maybe I just saw too many gold wrapped Lexus growing up? :joy:

2 Likes

Horrible colour.:joy:

2 Likes

Purple was the best!

The natural this year is meh. Maybe I’ll go bronze this year depending how it looks, but probably black.

Ah yes, the bronze colour that’s been coming every year for god knows how many years. Maybe they will finally do it, give people a reason to upgrade. :star_struck: