Apple WWDC 2024

Apple have announced WWDC 2024. June 10th. Mixed reality. Deets here:

Starting the discussion now so all the fun and games can begin. Speculate away! Share what you hope to see. What are you looking forward to?

3 Likes

The next iOS beta so I can have a summer full of bugs.

Hopefully a bit of iOS redesign like macOS / visionOS.

Not fussed about the rumoured new Home Screen, mine hasn’t changed for literally 5 years.

Also not too fussed about AI, I continue to not engage with it

3 Likes

Obvs A.I. related.

7 Likes

I’d like improvements to the photos app. I have folders and duplicates and not easy/seamless ways of adding more photos to these folders without the effort of remembering.

1 Like

For me:

Proper cross device support for music. I still can’t believe you can’t start a song on one device, pause it and pick it up on another.

Improvements to journal.

Maybe some new nicer analogue watch faces and slightly better stability.

But that’s possibly it for me. I’ve become less and less interested in the betas the last year*

*absolutely will be downloading on day one because I’m an idiot and get FOMO.

6 Likes

Obviously AI will be coming to iOS, and there’s even talk about more customisation of the home screen…But what I would like to see is Apple constraint on reliability and bug fixes. iOS, of late, seems very buggy. I think majority of people are in the same camp as me - we are not overly bothered about big changes to iOS, we just want more reliability and less bugs.

Me either, I’ve had almost the same exact layout since my iPhone 7 lol.

This is a big one for me. I use AM now, but Spotify Connect is the one feature I still really miss…

Used to be so seamless having songs playing on my Google Home getting ready for work, and then the song picking up exactly where it left off when I got in the car. :ok_hand:

4 Likes