Desktop version of the Monzo app (full feature Monzo Web)

I think it would be great if we could see our finances from a desktop as well as our phones

7 Likes

The whole point of Monzo was designed for mobile use, not sure why you’d sign up for a Mobile only bank but then want a desktop version?

You can access a desktop limited version in case you lose your phone, but I can’t see Monzo developing a fully fledged desktop version.

“At Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives on your smartphone and built for the way you live today.”

12 Likes

For business accounts a desktop version would be useful.

29 Likes

You might want to vote for this here where someone mentioned it previously:

Or you can keep an eye on this topic where someone making one himself:

2 Likes
1 Like

Is the Monzo app available on Chrome OS?

It supports Android apps, or have Monzo blocked it?

I think it is possible. It’s not officially supported, and you might struggle to download it from the Play Store on most Chrome OS devices. I believe sideloading the Monzo APK is a work around.

You also have to remember that if you use Monzo on an Android phone, too - you’ll be unable to stay logged in on both Chrome OS devices and phone. So you’ll have to keep logging in.

I would love to be able to access and manage my account online instead of only on my device, will this ever be possible?

2 Likes

You can do all the essential stuff on web.monzo.com

It’s only for emergencies though if you’ve lost your card or phone and are waiting for it to be sorted.

1 Like

Already discussed here.

5 Likes

The main voting thread for a desktop version of the Monzo app is here:

1 Like

It would be great to get a Flutter version of the Monzo app in future, so it can run across mobile, desktop, and web.

Having a keyboard and mouse is really useful for tedious financial tasks, e.g. work expenses or tax.

3 Likes

Are there plans for a desktop based version of Monzo in the future?
I think this would be a good improvement and would open up Monzo for a different scope of users.

Scroll up a few posts, and you can Vote for it (or vote on this thread, they all get noted)

1 Like

Being a smart or digital bank is fine with me. Sometimes I just want to be able to see more things easier with desktop or web interface or maybe even an ipad app that isn’t the iphone version blown up.

1 Like

I’m using Bluestacks to see it on my pc. ok not a web version but useful to have another way to access your apps on a emulator. If you lose your phone for example or anything else happens to it you can manage your account from bluestacks with google account installed. I use this to manage my partners phone also.

1 Like

Yes please!

The idea of making it live on smartphone is to make it easy to use, and different from the experience you get with high street banks, but surely it doesn’t mean locking it to mobile!

A big part of this new user journey or experience is being able to access their bank records online using a dekstop or PC… any product which doesn’t offer this is not offering a complete user experience!

2 Likes

Are there any plans to introduce more functionality on the web version? ideally make it fully featured?

I do understand the idea was to make Monzo fully mobile, but I think a lot of people could benefit from being able to access their bank using a PC.

For instance I do my money management every day and it’s a pain for me to log on my phone every-time and get a clear view of what I spent etc… I find it a lot easier to do on desktop.

Anyone else agree?

2 Likes

It has been discussed a lot in the below topic. If you’d like to see this too be sure to vote for it in there as well :slight_smile:

Desktop version of the Monzo app (full feature Monzo Web)

3 Likes