Desktop version of the Monzo app (full feature Monzo Web)

So my phone has been out of action for a wee while :frowning_face: ! Its all well and good as I have another bank account I can utilise but all my money on my Monzo card is in seperate locked pots.

I understand I can contact you to authorise a bank transfer, but I was wondering are there any plans to create a better browser interface? Where you can transfer from pots and in and out of banks etc.

Cheers! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hello! :wave:

I’ve moved your post here where a fully featured Monzo Web is being discussed. You can also vote for the feature at the top.

2 Likes

Actually, I’d like a progressive web app so I can install it in my phone, as well as on my desktop. Web apps designed specifically for desktop often are a bit awkward on mobile.

I like Monzo, and I think the app is great, but I think there are instances where accessing your account on a larger screen would be more practical than using a smartphone. I reckon if it’s possible to access your Monzo account via a web browser, it would make things easier in some (but not all) cases.

1 Like

Hello. :wave:

I’ve moved your post here, hope you don’t mind.

Please make sure to have a thorough search for like-minded ideas before posting so we dont dilute the vote count.

1 Like

Oh cool. I didn’t know this was already a topic. Thanks.

I have voted for, because I suspect that I am not far from the point where both my android phone and my iPad will no longer support the latest version of the app. This is less of a problem on my iMac, because it will still take OS updates.

Definitely until Monzo has fully featured internet banking web application it cannot be considered as main bank account by serious professionals.

I use Monzo but only as one of my backup / daily spending bank accounts. I would be hesitant to make it my main account because for that a full web interface is a requirement.

All of those folks who have gone full Monzo will be shocked to discover they are not “serious professionals”. Poor things.

10 Likes

Well it was my opinion. I think only being able to access your bank account from mobile phone is limiting and personally I cannot imagine going full Monzo because of this. I can see that others disagree though.

Speaking as a flippant professional with several bank accounts, I honestly can’t recall the last time I logged in to a bank on a computer. I can manage everything on my phone. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I too am a flippant professional!

My business bank account doesn’t have an app at all so I HAVE to log in to the web and, quite frankly, it’s awful. I’m petitioning THEM to get an app already!!

3 Likes

Starling have launched a web portal for business users and plan to also launch it for personal accounts soon. Hopefully this will give Monzo some incentive to do the same.

7 Likes

Would also love to see a web version

1 Like

Please make sure you vote for the topic.

Just added my vote here. I think that as Monzo has grown it’s user base it is becoming more useful to have a web UI. Least not, an automated telephone IVR for transactions in much the way Lloyds Banks’ is fully automated. There are some times you’re without your phone and need to do something non-emergency, like pay rent.

I would enjoy desktop or web versions of the app because Monzo is not my only bank nor my only financial account. I like to open up all of my accounts in a browser at least once a month and look at what’s going on in my financial/budgeting life; it’s much easier on a big screen with a keyboard and mouse than it is trying to flip through 6 different apps on a tiny mobile screen.

It’s not a total dealbreaker to not have a larger version to use, but it would help so much as opposed to flipping across apps and writing down balances in a notebook.

There are a couple of things you can do to achieve this.

1. You could export a statement and email it to yourself.
  2. Use web.monzo.com

Obviously these are only for viewing transactions and giving you the ability to copy them instead of writing them down. Should help though :blush:

My recent post got merged in here as it was a repeat (apologies!) so I’m replying to the responses on my thread here. In the other discussions of this topic, people ask “why would you want web access? Why do you need it?” and i just wanted to be clear that my need is that some tasks, particularly setting up payments, are fiddly, and i’m used to doing tasks like this from my desktop mac with a keyboard and plenty of visual space to see both the numbers i’m typing in (say in an email) and the boxes I’m filling out on the banking website side by side. I simply don’t want to do a fiddly task like this on my iPhone. It’s about being able to use a keyboard and mouse which is much faster for me, and to do banking tasks on the screen i’m already working on. Browser access to my bank on my desktop is a feature I didn’t realise I valued so much (whether for personal or business banking) until I discovered that Mondo doesn’t provide it. Everyone is suggesting phone-based workarounds, but not everyone wants to do fiddly tasks on their phone!

2 Likes

That’s fair enough. I was just wondering if there was something the app didn’t do at all, that you thought a web version would do. I totally get that phone screens are fiddly. I usually copy/paste details simply because I want any errors to be someone else’s fault!

I have three other bank current accounts accessible by browser, and I’m the exact opposite to you. I do everything on the app, where possible, and only log in to the desktop to download statements, or read messages.