So I’ve had Monzo / Mondo from the start now, and what seemed like a great little feature at first, has become more of a nusence now.
- I thought this would help predict when I was going to run out of cash
- I thought it would help me compare months, and therefor curb my spending. So a steep line at first, then a shallower line as months passed.
- Because the graph changes scale depending on the amount of money in the account, each month looks wildly different
- It also scales to accommodate a large spike, which scales down the rest of the graph to something useless
- It’s not clear when you’re in your overdraft. So looking back through months, there’s not a -£0 colour change or something
- It takes up a lot of space at the top
It’s just a steadily downward graph, every month, and for me, it doesn’t add value. Can I turn this off? And if not, can an option be added to turn this off, or at least replace it with a smaller version of the rings from the new summary page?
I thought having a flattened out summary ring would look better. Like a single bar that emptied over time, with a notch showing how many days left, just like the summary page.
This wouldn’t take up too much space. Plus, clicking on it could take you to the actual sumary page. You could even animate the transition into a circle as you moved from one page to the next.