On the home screen at the top there is a graph. I can’t get my head around it. What is it supposed to be displaying, what is it’s behaviour supposed to be? (This is on iOS)
I can see the graph move as I scroll through my transaction list, but it doesn’t seem to track in any reliable way.
For example, I have a single transactions on the 17th, 21st and 22nd of Sept.
If I scroll the transaction list to show the 17th at the top, the graph is labelled with “18 SEP”, SPENT == the amount from the 17th.
If I scroll so 21st is at the top, the graph is labelled with “22 SEP”, but now SPENT == the amount from the 21st and 22nd added together. BALANCE is correct.
If I scroll a little higher and then back down again, the graph is labelled with “21 SEP” and the same combined total of the 21st and 22nd for SPENT. BALANCE == the amount from shown from the 18th!
Is this not madness?
If I scroll to the most recent transaction, the behaviour is very unpredictable. The most recent transaction is from yesterday (possibly uncleared?), and the penultimate transaction is from the 4th Nov.
- Sometimes the graph disappears entirely. (Scrolling back down to older transactions makes it reappear)
- Sometimes the graph is labelled with “5 NOV”, but BALANCE is accurate for now. The label line goes through a dot that is at the same Y-axis height as the most recent transaction.
- Sometimes the graph is there with no label.
- Sometimes the white dot that the “5 NOV” label line goes through on the graph is higher than the most recent transaction dot (and the BALANCE and SPENT is correct).
- I can’t ever get it to show a label for the most recent transaction by scrolling on the transaction list.
- If I drag the graph itself, I can get a label for “6 NOV”; dragging all the way to the right shows SPENT of £0, a few pixels to the left shows a SPENT of my last transaction.
- After dragging the graph to show “6 NOV”, it always bounces back, but to “3 NOV”. Now it can’t be made to stay on “5 NOV” unless I scroll the transaction list down and up again.
As for scrolling the graph to the left to see past transactions, I have no idea what’s going on. If I want to see what caused a particular change in Y-axis, it won’t let me. For example, I did a top-up on the 3rd Oct. The graph either “magnetically sticks” to “8 OCT” (showing my BALANCE from after the top-up). Or the graph jumps back to “7 SEP”, but the transaction list scrolls itself to “22 SEP”. I can’t get it to stay on the point the graph changed Y-axis height, nor bring the top-up transaction of the 3rd to the top of the transaction list (by only scrolling on the graph).
Generally speaking I also find it confusing that when scrolling the transaction list, the graph changes label and Y-axis height before the causative transaction is visible in the transaction list.
Am I the only one who finds all this bewildering?