How to stop amazon from leaving parcels lying around?

Have I really ? I can’t remember

I think I asked whether they post through the letter box or not for you guys

You can quite easily update delivery instructions on the website. Wether the courier decides to look at them is another matter.

1 Like

Yeah but none of them say leave through letter box

One word - complain

He is complaining but chose the wrong website to do so :wink:

8 Likes

I still support my previous suggestion: a big neon sign outside pointing at where the packages should be left. I’m sure you could set up a custom controller/routine to only turn on when the tracking status changes to ‘out for delivery’

If the courier can’t deliver to your address properly*, the best solution is probably to see if there’s an Amazon locker near you and have your items delivered there instead. You’ll have to leave the house to fetch them is the downside, but the upside is anything delivered to a locker will be securely locked away until you collect it.

2 Likes

I thought I’d replied to this thread before, but I guess there must be another one about Amazon messing up deliveries somewhere? 🤷

Anyway, at a previous address I had a lot of issues with Amazon deliveries being delivered, but not being delivered, or being left in a safe place but then not being in said safe place, that orders kept being refunded.

Eventually they refused to refund me because it was happening so many times unless I reported the missing parcels as thefts to the police, who had no interest in helping, to get a crime number and then had to sign an affidavit.

One thing the police did suggest though, to keep Amazon liable for missing parcels was to use the text box for delivery notes to state that under no circumstances should the item be delivered unless signed for by the intended recipient. So anytime Amazon didn’t adhere to those instructions, or let joe bloggs sign for it, they were liable and had to refund per their own terms. It didn’t fix their delivery service, because they never read the notes, but it reduced my risk of loss when they screwed up.

Some things I’ve employed since then, are smart doorbells and smart locks, so I can see when items are being delivered, where they’re being delivered, and grant them access to my property. The latter is not an issue anymore since moving to Scotland. Where I live everyone just leaves their door unlocked whilst away from the home and the postman or courier will leave parcels in your home. Even when you’re home. They’ll open your front and door and leave the parcel in your hallway, no knocking or signing. It’s really nice.

3 Likes

If it’s a problem — worth using an Amazon locker or collect from a shop

1 Like

Yep, collecting from my local post office was something I ended up using most of the time myself. There are item size, weight and type limits for this service though. Same with lockers. Amazon lockers in my area were never available to deliver to either. They were always displayed as being full during checkout.

1 Like

Good idea. I could get it sent to a newsagent instead. However they aren’t great either as I had to wait around for ages for the shop keeper to find my parcel in the back of his shop ( click and collect but not Amazon)

I’d be concerned they could lose my parcel

I’ll try a different newsagent next time for a smaller less expensive parcel and see what they are like

1 Like

No Amazon lockers near you?

This one?

Or this one?

Or maybe it was this one?

Or then again, this one?

Sorry, I meant this one

Must have been this one actually

Possibly this one?

Final chance?!

This time it’s the final one

12 Likes

Oh shit

1 Like

Probably one of them! Maybe all of them! :joy: i think you’ve gone a bit overboard with the threads here @Venomx! One or two would have been fine to cover these things!

Don’t want to give too much away as to my location. But I suppose you could class my location as a gated small village. Crime is almost non-existent here, especially in terms of theft or vandalism, and other similar natured petty crimes.

Is it a Local Village for Local People?

I hear they’ve just got Collect Plus at the local shop

3 Likes

Wow! How do you find all threads – or do you keep an Excel spreadsheet with all his topics? If so, soon you’ll run out of columns to use!

2 Likes

Do you have a local person that sells eggs with a pot/jar/bowl for the money and it never gets stolen?

I think that’s the tipping point.

Actually yes! :joy: There was incident recently with one of the neighbours thinking the eggs were free and helped herself to one every morning!

2 Likes