You can now easily switch your joint accounts to Monzo!

(Sheri Farsani) #1

Moving your joint account across just got a whole lot easier.

10 Likes

Current account switching for joint accounts
Joint account overdrafts
(Andy) #2

Goodbye OneAccount, goodbye Santander! You were good once.

3 Likes

(#fullmonzo joint account since Aug18) #3

Bring on the joint accounters and hello to Monzo treating Joint accounts the same as single accounts!

0 Likes

(Danny Martinez) #4

@Sheri will there be any functionality on the roadmap to move bills between single/joint accounts? - Would love to move all my bills to the joint account, but would ideally avoid having to do these 1 by 1.

0 Likes

(Tony, Secret Lemonade Drinker) #5

I’m sure I saw something in one of the excellent Android tear downs that showed something exactly like that

1 Like

(James Wheatley) #6

Just finished manually switching over mine last week :man_facepalming: but glad to see the back of Santander!

1 Like

(Sheri Farsani) #7

Hey Danny! Good question. It’s actually something we’ve been testing out internally. If it works well, we’ll release it - stay tuned! :wink:

5 Likes

(Danny Martinez) #8

Sounds great, look fwd to it :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Is it just overdrafts that are missing from JA to bring them up to feature parity with single accounts?

Is there an eta when overdrafts will be available ?

0 Likes

• Bill Splitting for joint accounts.
  • Monzo.me for joint accounts.
  • Shared Tabs for joint accounts.
  • IFTTT for joint accounts.
  • Overdrafts for joint accounts.
2 Likes

Oh dear still quite a bit then. I’ve said it previously but I hope JA customers don’t end up being second class to single account customers.

It seems to be taking a while for them to add these missing features in.

0 Likes

Loans as well.

Shared tabs and bill splitting works although the money isn’t paid to the joint account and goes to the person who setup the tab/split :confused:

1 Like

I imagine the issue with Shared Tabs and Bill Splitting is that they’re currently linked to the user instead of the account, just like pots used to be.

1 Like

Most likely :slight_smile:

0 Likes

(Danny Martinez) #15

Hi @Sheri ,

Any idea whether this will be in labs at any point soon?

0 Likes

(Tom) #16

Hi @Sheri I just tried to switch my Joint Account from HSBC to Monzo and it has been rejected. I get the message ‘You can’t switch from a joint account. Talk to your old bank to find out more’. From what I read in your blog, you now can switch…is there anything I am missing? Thx

0 Likes

(MikeF) #17

Sound like you tried to switch a joint account to your personal account from the message received. Are you sure you were trying a “Joint to Joint” switch?

0 Likes

(Sheri Farsani) #18

Hey Thomas! As Mike’s mentioned, it may have been that you’d started the process of switching a personal account over. Let me know if that wasn’t the case!

0 Likes

(Ben) #19

So you need to open a JA first then start a switch?

0 Likes

Yep.

0 Likes