What's the last bit of tech you bought?

My personal laptop (ASUS Zenbook) is one of those annoying super thin ones with only one port, and it’s Type C. I got annoyed at not being able to charge it and plug something in, or connect it to a HDMI display, so I bought a hub. It’s cheap, it feels flimsy and I fully expect it to break, but it does work.

s-l1600

That aside I’m still loving my Pixel Buds, particularly since the most recent software update :grinning:

pixel-buds

So, fellow tech people… What’s your most recent grab?

4 Likes

For me personally, it was the Logitech MX Master 2S. I spend so much time using my PC and like you have a super thin laptop (HP Spectre X360) with only one USB port and 2 USB C ports, so I thought I would invest in a nice Bluetooth mouse

SL1004

6 Likes

I got my hands on a Google Pixel 2 XL about two months ago. One of the best phones out there.

3 Likes

imageThis young man. I’ve been in rural Spain s lot recently and have found the local 3G/4G to be rubbish.

But I can tie this box to a tree and bingo! The internet works!

6 Likes

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

2 Likes

A latest-generation LIFX bulb, to replace the previous one which didn’t support HomeKit (and thus Siri). My Amazon Echo is collecting dust now as a result (sorry Alexa, didn’t mean to :sob:).

2 Likes

What’s hooked you about the Pixel Buds?

Last thing I bought was for my PC. Felt it needed a wee speed boost so bought some RGB fans. Naturally RGB has increased the performance.

8 Likes

Navy Fitbit Charge 2.
I had a Apple Watch for a few weeks but sent it back for a full refund as I didn’t think it was worth the money. I also missed the sleep tracking.

Naturally RGB has increased the performance.

Don’t forget neon lights and flame stickers for MAXX PERFORMANCE. :joy:

3 Likes

Garmin VivoActive 3. Originally for GarminPay but also as an upgrade from my VivoActive HR to something that looks more like a watch

1 Like

I’m jealous of all your gadget purchases! :joy: goes to amazon

3 Likes

More Hue bulbs.

Gonna go this route with small lamps instead of the bloom now as you get better colours.

3 Likes

£50+ on a bulb?! Madness

1 Like

you can actually get them cheaper and if you get the kit you can sell the hub on ebay.

1 Like

Each to their own…

I replaced my white HomePod with a grey HomePod; the white one was too out of place and it bothered me :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

I’ve depressed myself now as I’ve realised I’ve literally not treated myself to a new toy all year! The nearest I’ve really got is replacing my Asus RT-AC3200 with a Ubiquiti Amplifi:

Hardly the most exciting tech gadget! Must rectify that!

2 Likes

Pebble Time.
Developer friendly & a week of battery :tada:
Bought from CEX for £30 last month.

1 Like

The Hue Go is what I have. It’s way brighter than the Bloom and you can unplug the wire and move it around as if has an internal rechargeable battery.

1 Like

Might not be the most exciting, but it’s a great piece of kit!

1 Like