What's the last bit of hardware you've had die? šŸ–„

Like the title asks, whatā€™s the last bit of hardware thatā€™s failed on you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Can be anything, not just limited to PC hardware :smiley:

For me itā€™s an OCZ Vector 150 - 480GB SSD! :angry: In a work context Iā€™ve seen about a million and OCZ SSD failuresā€¦ :roll_eyes: But one just failed in my work PC! Looks like itā€™s time to jump onto the RMA team with yet another request for a replacement. Yay :joy:

Thereā€™s a long list of unfortunate failures but that was the most recent! Would be interesting to hear failure stories from everybody else :smiley:

2 Likes

My phone screen, it just cracked all by itself, didnā€™t drop it, honestly!

2 Likes

MacBook Pro 2016 but I luckily got it replaced :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

A cat scarer. Iā€™m not sure if it ever worked, but itā€™s completely FUBAR now.

1 Like

My computers motherboard. Kept shutting off randomly, which I thought was the graphics card, then it just failed to boot. Used it as an excuse to upgrade my CPU.

2 Likes

Haha Iā€™m not sure whether thereā€™s sarcasm there or not, did you actually drop it? :joy:

Oh, Iā€™ve seen them. Theyā€™re the ā€œpossessed of evil spiritsā€ type-screens.

1 Like

It can stay cracked until I replace with a note9 next month !

Or wait for pixel 3 xl

You must let us know if it suddenly becomes uncracked. It just seems like youā€™ve no real control over this thingā€¦:flushed:

2 Likes

Itā€™s android Samsung so will self destruct the screen or battery :wink:

The last bit of tech I had break was probably my old Fitbit Charge HR. It just started falling apart. I was on my 2nd replacement under warranty.

I think it was a known issue with the bands, although they refused to acknowledge it as an issue.

My new monitor from Amazon has unfortunately developed a small, but annoying mark behind the screen.

Because it was a prime day purchase, theyā€™re out of stock. So I have to RMA it through Acer :roll_eyes:. Iā€™ve opened the ticket but Iā€™m giving Amazon a few weeks to get more stock before going through the faff.

Would they not give you a refund - or were you attached to that particular model?

I imagine they would - but itā€™s Prime day prices. Refund and rebuy will be more expensive

2 Likes

Yep, what @danbeddows said, the price to rebuy elsewhere would be Ā£100-200 more.

1 Like

Fair enough, hopefully itā€™s not a widespread issue!

Itā€™s not, itā€™s just an annoyance! :joy:

3TB HDD, four years old. Currently trying to scrape the data off it! Everything important is backed up, so itā€™s just an inconvenience, but having to re-rip the CD collection would be annoying!