Slow support responses

In terms of progress with Monzo Chat development, our latest internal build shows estimated wait time and individual timestamps for messages.

I can’t guarantee this will be in the next public release, but rest assured we’re working to include the improvements in this thread and other things we know need to be included.

Also want to touch on @BristolMatt’s comment about stats, happy to give a few more :+1:

Since September we’ve added 120 full time equivalent COps, with another 55 confirmed up to the middle of January. We’ve hired more people than that, but if you look at everyone’s hours it’s equivalent to 175 full timers.

This does take a little while to feel the benefit of though - we’re catching up on hiring, then there’s notice periods to co-ordinate and training to do as well. The team also take a little while to “nest” before hitting their true productivity.

We’ll continue to hire, and we also review our hiring forecast regularly to account for customer growth as well.

We know we’re not there yet, but we’re actively working to get the first reply time for non urgent messages back down to 2 hours. We still answer urgent messages within 10 minutes.

CSAT for non urgent conversations is still in the high 80s, so thankfully most customers are still satisfied. We’re not taking that for granted though, most of the operations team are working on this in some form at the moment. Thanks so much for your patience in the meantime, it really does mean a lot :blush:

19 Likes

can I ask why some people seem to have problems of 5 day + waits for a reply - are these messages being received by Monzo ? - and if they are received why is it taking 5 days to reply

9 Likes

And is that reply time or resolution?

I can confirm the IOS Test Flight beta now shows estimated wait time and message time stamps.
If it’s like every other test flight it should be in users hands next week?

6 Likes

Urgent Chat, just adding again coz why not.

Chat

3 Likes

Approaching 2 days now without acknowledgement on in app messaging, also 2 days for a call back and a day for email. I know its not 5+ like some but still. The name on my card is wrong, the name on my account is wrong, I also need to change my email on account. Can’t close the chat, to reopen as urgent, so just stuck in a loop waiting. Just the acknowledgement would have been enough for me to wait a little longer…

2 Likes

My chat has broken entirely now and won’t send messages.

Guess that’s one way to sort the backlog.

2 Likes

I’ve shared a collective idea over on the Feedback & Ideas section of the forum.
Would be great to hear your opinion on this, especially those who have been using the chat recently.

3 Likes

This is the entire company working to get the backlog down this afternoon. We are fixing this as fast as we can - thank you all for your patience and understanding :pray:

image_from_ios-1

48 Likes

So cool! :smiley: Many hands make light work and all that…

2 Likes

Appreciate that you guys are trying so hard and really hope things will improve soon but it would be bit worrying if resources from other departments have been pulled to fix this issue.
I hope this would not impact on development too much.

DSE nightmare going on there! Efforts appreciated and thanks for the photo

Even Tom?

1 Like

Tom has done this in past. In prepaid days Tom use to pop on chat.

6 Likes

Fantastic! Amazing to see this. :muscle:

3 Likes

It’s done at the end of / towards the end of most peoples working days - so it is definitely not taken from other areas.

8 Likes

These are the little things I like to see from inside monzo that make a difference :heart:

Looking in app the wait has dropped from 2 days 6 hrs to 1 day 2 hrs now :muscle:t3:

7 Likes

This may sound petty, but from someone with sciatica… the ergonomics here are painful just to look at.

Hunched shoulders, chairs without adequate back support, laptops on tables.
The long term health implications of such an environment are grim. :grimacing:

6 Likes

These aren’t their actual desks :+1:

Congregated in the event space so that all the knowledge and the support is there :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Where is @tom @naji @simonb @Rika and where are you? :eyes:

1 Like