Slow support responses

Love us all dearly, but us doing support is going to be a recipe for disaster! :roll_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Was the only correlation I could see between the pics people posted that didn’t have it.

(Andre Borie) #251

Honestly I’m not sure. Bad support is at the very least something compared to waiting for a week with no response.

(Steve) #252

You’d think they would just subcontract out 50 extra seats to some company for a month or so whilst they get their house in order…

(Liam H) #254

Hi all :wave:

Sorry to see some people are being affected by longer wait times :disappointed:

We’re still aggressively hiring over 20 people a week to make sure we’re able to get back to normal response times.

Some folks have been asking about our SLA for this - we’re targeting 2 hours for non urgents, and anything urgent we get back to within 10 minutes already :+1:

The vast majority of our operations team is focused on this in some way - be that answering messages, hiring, training, managing new members of the team, scheduling or improving Monzo Chat.

To be clear, there is no testing or experimenting on the urgent toggle, but it does go away once you have an open conversation. We might experiment with it in the future, but not right now. We know we need to add a way to change urgency after the fact though, it’s on the list of improvements we’re working on :+1:

It’s a side effect of switching to single threaded conversations, rather than being able to start multiple new conversations with different urgencies as we had previously. This was confusing/frustrating a lot of customers, and made it harder for us to respond because issues were being split across multiple “threads”. :grimacing:

Everyone on the latest version of the app is able to see a sent receipt for their messages, if you see this then we’ve definitely received your message and the team are actively working on responding :+1:

Other features like read receipts, estimated wait are all coming soon. Some are already in testing and we do weekly app updates with these.

We’re paying close attention to the forum here and the user testing we’re doing as well. Thanks so much for your patience with this!

@liamh thank you so much for coming on here and updating us during the weekend.

It’s clearly not where any of us want it to be, but it’s reassuring that it’s being actively worked on.

(Daniel White) #256

I’ve waited 4-5 days for a response (can’t be accurate because no time stamps). I got a reply at midnight this morning to which I obviously couldn’t reply to because I was in bed. I imagine I’ll now go to the back of the queue for another 4 days.

I get that growth was better than expected @HughWells has said that a few times but I don’t get why you’re still so agressively trying to recruit more customers through advertising recently when you know full well now that your COps can’t cope and all you’re managing to do is piss off your current and new customers with such a poor customer experience.

They took away my urgent toggle back when I used Monzo as well, and this was over a month ago on the new chat.

As mentioned just above.

Why move to a new chat if it’s not ready for production? It’s still a problem and Monzo should have waited until it had all the functionality they’re planning on it to have.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Receiving international payments with Monzo

I’ve moved a few posts about international transfers to keep us on topic. Feel free to discuss international transfers here! :+1:

(Mr D Green) #262

you say your answering non urgent in 2 hours, soory mate but im currently at 57 hours and 20 minutes with zero response to app message email or phone!

(Daniel Eales) #263

To say I’m disgusted is an understatement.

My wife tried signing up and got told her verification failed and to use the chart feature.

After an hour of nothing not even an automated message, I tried via my account.

24 hours later and nothing… No updates no automatic messages, JUST NOTHING!

This gives me zero confidence in Monzo and of this is how the customer service is all the time i won’t be putting any money toot through it!

Anybody else tired of hearing the phrase ‘aggressive hiring’ when nothing actually seems to change?

Hi, @guyverdan :wave:. There’s been a lot of talk about this recently, so I’ve moved your post here. Take a look up to see Monzo’s take on the current situation.

(Tom) #266

Was just thinking the same. The hiring has been going on for weeks now, with no noticeable change :slightly_frowning_face:

(Matt C) #267

Hiring is one thing, training people up is another. Also not everyone is able to start straight away if they have other jobs and need to give notice. Unfortunately the number of new users doesn’t just stop whilst Monzo put things in place, which is likely why it isn’t instantly noticeable.

They are going to be adding new features to the chat to try and manage expectations and fingers crossed all these new staff members will be out in full force really soon.

Then you need to say we’re hiring people and the situation isn’t changing in the very immediate term, not imply that we’re hiring 20 people a week and thus it’ll be fixed soon. Soon means nothing when your problem is now.

Freeze signups if you can’t cope with your current customers? Is this so hard to understand? It’s like Tanacon. 5000 people in a 1.5k venue doesn’t work.

Roll back to the old chat system until the current one is working properly with all the features they wanted.

Really soon doesn’t really do anything for the people with issues now though, although I will say it’s nice that they’re actually scaling their support up.

I think peoples only expectations are that they are actually replied to within a reasonable time…