Slow support responses

I’d certainly hope there’s no testing going on at the moment. But if you read the quoted text from @liamh it certainly sounds like an explicit “no” to A/B testing.

In any event, this isn’t helping with the slow response times and needs to be fixed!

3 Likes

Next time this kind of “A/B” testing is done it might be worth being transparent on the forum, especially for volunteers who take time to help fellow customers. The last thing they need is this kind of “surprises”.

Also I’m not sure what kind of data would you get by A/B testing this. Either way the user is going to open a support ticket. An urgent toggle at least allows them to be nice and let you know just how urgent their request is. Without a toggle you’d need to consider all requests as urgent… I don’t know about you but this doesn’t sound like an improvement to me.

5 Likes

Yeap, seems to be what’s happening. They’ve been “aggressively” hiring for months and it just seems to be getting worse from what we see on the forum

5 Likes

Yeah, its both confusing and disappointing. I already think there banking features are just “OK”, some cool little things but nothing really polished and excellent. Support last year was good and that’s what put a positive light on Monzo for me.

Right now… there just isnt any support. As far as i can tell it just doesn’t exist. What are they doing with these multi day tickets which haven’t even been initially answered? Wheres the SLAs? Do they even have any?

By the sounds of it an initial time to response simple doesn’t exist, and if there planning on removing the urgent toggle, then they need to respond to queries within 15 minutes imo. All of them.

5 Likes

I’ve scrolled up and you’re right. I had probably read somebody else guessing that they were A/B testing. Didn’t think it would make sense right now :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Completely agree. I personally think the hiring conditions are probably too stringent (not my place to judge of course) as lots of people from the forums who you’d imagine would be good as COPS were rejected. Even though Monzo are in a massive COPs deficit

4 Likes

I am also on this version, and do have the option. Sounds like a bug looking at the below. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling to see if it changes the behaviour?

2 Likes

To be honest, you could hire an existing company just to do triage. from the issues ive read there not huge issues, but there not even being triaged, and that doesn’t require any special knowledge or access to many systems. just ticket pushing.

On the plus side, if Monzo simply cant cope, its really simple these days to switch bank.

1 Like

Definitely and I’ve certainly considered it since chat’s gone so down hill and not much seems to have been done about it

2 Likes

I’m on the latest Android version and have the urgent option like @Peter_G mentioned :man_shrugging:

Screenshot_20181201-143111_Monzo

1 Like

Seems to be anyone that has an open chat doesn’t have the urgent option from what I can see. With no option to close your open chat yourself you can’t start a new urgent.

4 Likes

Could be… I don’t have any open chats currently.

In a desperate situation like this I would consider hiring people from the community as independent contractors just to do the “front line” of support and deal with basic queries. Sure, they might not be as trained as the real Monzo COps but less than stellar support that resolves 80% of queries is still better than no support at all.

5 Likes

That’s what @Lowry said. If you have open chats then you won’t see the urgent option. :thinking:

1 Like

I think this has been confirmed, having an open chat removes the Urgent toggle.

1 Like

Love us all dearly, but us doing support is going to be a recipe for disaster! :roll_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Was the only correlation I could see between the pics people posted that didn’t have it.

Honestly I’m not sure. Bad support is at the very least something compared to waiting for a week with no response.

You’d think they would just subcontract out 50 extra seats to some company for a month or so whilst they get their house in order…

Hi all :wave:

Sorry to see some people are being affected by longer wait times :disappointed:

We’re still aggressively hiring over 20 people a week to make sure we’re able to get back to normal response times.

Some folks have been asking about our SLA for this - we’re targeting 2 hours for non urgents, and anything urgent we get back to within 10 minutes already :+1:

The vast majority of our operations team is focused on this in some way - be that answering messages, hiring, training, managing new members of the team, scheduling or improving Monzo Chat.

To be clear, there is no testing or experimenting on the urgent toggle, but it does go away once you have an open conversation. We might experiment with it in the future, but not right now. We know we need to add a way to change urgency after the fact though, it’s on the list of improvements we’re working on :+1:

It’s a side effect of switching to single threaded conversations, rather than being able to start multiple new conversations with different urgencies as we had previously. This was confusing/frustrating a lot of customers, and made it harder for us to respond because issues were being split across multiple “threads”. :grimacing:

Everyone on the latest version of the app is able to see a sent receipt for their messages, if you see this then we’ve definitely received your message and the team are actively working on responding :+1:

Other features like read receipts, estimated wait are all coming soon. Some are already in testing and we do weekly app updates with these.

We’re paying close attention to the forum here and the user testing we’re doing as well. Thanks so much for your patience with this!

17 Likes