Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly šŸ™‚)

How do I save up to the minium Ā£10 needed to open a fixed term savings account?

Roundups
Skip your morning coffee for a few days
Walk instead of catching the bus
Donā€™t go to the pub this weekend
Buy a few cheaper brands of products next time you go shopping.

The list is endless :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah, youā€™re cancelled Ordog. :rofl:
Thanks for reminding me that we all have to take personal responsibility for all our actions. :blush:

1 Like

Think the government have already sorted this

6 Likes

May I pay travelers cheques issued by American Express into my account?

I think you might need to message the in-app chat to ask about this. I assume you send it in as a normal cheque, but I donā€™t recall travellerā€™s cheques being discussed here before, so not sure anyone on the forum knows the answer.

Thanks for your reply. Iā€™ll ask about this.

2 Likes

I just realised a fixed term savings account requires a minimum of Ā£500 to open. Damn. How will one save up to that in pots if one is allowed to break pots easily? Iā€™ve not been able to reach Ā£200 in any pot before breaking itā€¦:cry::cry:

1 Like

I initially thought you were talking about the easy access savings and the flexible ISA savings. Those ones require just a minimum of Ā£10 to open and can also be easily broken at any timeā€¦:pensive:

Please stop going into all sorts of topics to shoehorn in your ideas for locked pots. One topic is enough, leave people to vote on it there and if proven popular it will get the attention of Monzo.

All youā€™re going to do by continuing this behaviour is get the wrong kind of attention that will ruin your efforts made so far.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: Nah, thatā€™s not ALL Iā€™m going to achieve by continuing this behaviour (ā€œget the wrong kind of attention and ruin my efforts made so farā€, according to your opinion). No one (not me, not you) can accurately predict the future. Weā€™ll see how this thing pans out. Who knows? YOU may even benefit from MY efforts.
Or, maybe you wonā€™t. Who truly knows what the future holds? :woman_shrugging:

Meanwhile. What do you want me to do? That is, which sorts of topics do you want me to stop going into? :thinking:

1 Like

Iā€™ll be more blunt since youā€™re not understanding. If you continue breaking the rules of the community there will be consequences.

The one topic that youā€™ve already created here is enough. If people want it they will vote for it, if they donā€™t they wont. Itā€™s as simple as that and you donā€™t need to do anything else.

Youā€™re actually doing yourself a disservice as people are not going to support you when you keep going into their topics and derailing them. You need peoples support otherwise you wonā€™t get enough votes to get Monzos attention.

Hopefully you understand now.

2 Likes

Crystal clear! :joy:

Please teach me how to create this link to my topic, the way you did. Am I allowed to put my topicā€™s link in other topics or not?

Just click the :link: icon when youā€™re writing a reply. Itā€™s next to the Bold and Italic buttons :slight_smile:

Itā€™s fine to post a link only if it is relevant to the discussion. Please donā€™t go looking for old topics or any vague reference to locked pots in order to do this. :pray:

2 Likes

lol I feel a lot of posts in other threads coming on with your link ā€¦its lovely outside by the way , sunny , quite warm , I just cut the grass, thinking about sitting outside with a glass of wine if the kids next door stop screaming their heads off :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve cleaned up the back garden today too :tools::wilted_flower: - it is gorgeous :sun_with_face: outside today considering the :cloud_with_rain: downpours we had through winter.

2 Likes

Ha ha ha, got it. Thanks. :blush:

I donā€™t understandā€¦:see_no_evil:

ah well :slight_smile: :hear_no_evil: