Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly 🙂)

Hi my account was closed,but after 4 week I’m still waiting can you check what happened with my money

This forum is just customers like you so we can’t check.

Best advice is to email help@monzo.com

2 Likes

do you have a tech thread I can direct a question to please?

1 Like

Hi Gareth,

Welcome to the community.

If it’s a monzo question you can start a new thread in the help section or monzo chat section.

Alternatively you can use the general chat if it’s not a monzo one.

Hi every one
Can Iranian person have a monzo account ?

Hi Reza , yes if you have a UK address

2 Likes

Help please! I didn’t know there was a daily transfer limit. I need to top up my ISA and just transferred £15,500k into my account which hasn’t arrived. I also need to transfer it out. Is it possible to please have it increased for a couple of days. THANK YOU

Hello

You will need to contact Monzo through in-app chat. We are customers, we can’t help you raise limits I’m afraid.

2 Likes

that’s helpful! will do

Hi there, thanks for this community.
I have a cheque from HMRC, will it be accepted ?
Can I post it from France using Freepost ?

Many thanks,
Mathilde

Not sure if freepost will cover you posting from France, I could be wrong though. Might be a question to ask in app otherwise to be on the safe side stick a stamp on there and send it to the full address which is:

Monzo, 6th Floor, 38 Finsbury Square, London, EC2A 1PX which is from the help article here.

As for depositing your cheque you have the following options:

1. Post it as you mentioned. Yes it will be accepted regardless of the fact it is from HMRC
  2. Ask the HMRC to deposit your refund into your bank account instead
  3. Deposit your cheque into a different account and transfer the money over to Monzo
2 Likes

I am due my monthly wage on Tuesday, but usually pull it into my account from 4pm the day before. This is a bank holiday in the UK on Monday, will it still be able to go into my bank account early on the Monday or will I be able to get it before this@?

If you are paid via BACS (which it seems like you are if you’ve previously claimed the incoming payment early) then in theory, you’ll be able to claim the payment on Thursday at 4pm

(given that Friday & Monday are bank holidays)

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply. This is what I am hoping will happen but didn’t want to get my hopes up.

1 Like

Really unhappy with monzo bank . went shopping on friday after queing up for 45 minutes. done shopping then found out by cashier my card wouldnt be accepted , contacted bank after 30 minutes wait on phone explained then got told my account has been frozen 
lady hang up totally unacceptable 
phoned again spoke to someone else they said they cant tell me why 
 not good and doesnt help me 
 i will not be using this pathetic so called bank again. money has been cancelled going in next week . partner and son also closing there account
 BE WARNED

Sounds like your account was frozen due to suspicious activity. You must be doing something in your account that flagged up as suspicious. Unfortunately under the current law Monzo cannot tell you why or give you details. The same would happen if you banked with any other bank.

I know that doesn’t help you but the grievance here is with the law not the bank.

4 Likes

Did it work?

1 Like

ive not used the card only online with my insurance company . which doesnt help me , surely i should be told why when its not my fault. the way i was spoken to and also hung up on isnt good i will not be using there services again thats for sure !

You can’t be told as that is the current law