Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly 🙂)

I can’t see my sort code and account number there.

Sortcode and acc aren’t there :thinking:

3 Likes

Sorry I was trying to be helpful didn’t realise it wasn’t in the emergency interface.

2 Likes

Sadly not! I think it’s in the data though just not displayed on the website so hopefully when monzo add joint accounts to the web interface they can add this too!

2 Likes

They are available via the API. :wink: You can use the API playground to have a look without writing any code!

2 Likes

Trying it now that’s clever.

1 Like

I sent a cheque in the post last week, do you receive any correspondence from Monzo that they’ve received the cheque?

You should get an in-app chat message. Did you pop sortcode and account number on the back?

2 Likes

Ah OK that’s good - yes I did.

Is it worth sending them an in app message or hang fire?

It was posted on Thursday

Wouldn’t be surprised if they only received it today. I’d give it till tomorrow afternoon

Fair enough :blush: thanks for help

1 Like

Hi, If I purchase Euros from a UK travel exchange, do I get charged a fee?

There are no fees for card purchases. It doesn’t matter what you buy. :+1:

The only fees are for foreign ATM withdrawals (3% for withdrawals over ÂŁ200 per rolling 30 days).

Hey guys,

Waiting for my card to arrive and get up and running. My question is this I live in Uk and work in Norway paid in NOK. I bank with RBS normally for my sins lol and know I’m not getting a very good rate and hidden charges with transaction fee each month. What’s the breakdown taking my norwegian salary into my Monzo acc. Will I as I hope be getting a far better rate and less charges. Of course using card while here will also be worthwhile. Although I tend to be straight to work then back again to UK.

Thanks in advance and hope to be up to speed soon!

Hi @Northseatiger ,

Monzo recently announced incoming international payments here :arrow_right:️ https://monzo.com/blog/2018/07/24/receiving-international-payments/ They are working to make them more reliable (less likely to bounce back to the sender and arrive quicker) over the next few months.
As to what the transfer rate would be if Monzo received the payment in NOK I’m not too sure, I don’t beilive they’ve published this yet (I’m sure it would be better than RBS).

Another option would be to use TransferWise https://transferwise.com/ they are often recommended on this forum for this sort of thing.

Hope this helps? :blush:

1 Like

Hey Jack,

Thanks for the reply!
I’m a lazy bugger when it comes to my money at times and making it work better for me. I remember reading up on transferwise years back and didn’t do anything about it sigh!
I know RBS and possibly my Norwegian bank are ripping me off abit on exchange rate and fees. Just never really seen a better option till now and the way Monzo is going could end up perfect for me

Cheers again!
Richie

1 Like

Given that Monzo describes its incoming non Sterling service as unreliable, I’d definitely use Transferwise for now. It’s both cheap and reliable.

I believe that it uses the NatWest (RBS) rate. I know monzo haven’t formally got the connection with NatWest yet but I think they are doing the forwarding already. Be good to get official confirmation on that @bea

1 Like

Thinking back the blog post didn’t really explain the whole arrangement / what’s in place now / not etc. Maybe I just read it badly.

1 Like

No it didn’t really explain what’s going on right now. I was expecting an international payment today and it came through as Faster Payment from NatWest on an unusual sortcode (processing centre rather than branch or call centre) so I’m just making some assumptions here!

2 Likes