Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly 🙂)

Can Monzo be my only account or first account? Can up at cash into it?

1 Like

:monzo: has the potential to be your first/only account if it has everything you need. You need to weigh up it’s features and benefits with your needs. As :monzo: has no physical branches and no plans to change that there isn’t a direct way of depositing cash at present however options and costs are being looked at (cash handling is very expensive). Most of us use a traditional high street bank to deposit money and then transfer it to :monzo:

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Account Issue

Just general slowness, especially in the animation swiping back from a transaction page to the home page.

Tried that as well as factory reset of phone (didn’t do it just for this issue but I happened to need to do it for something else). Issue persists

Strange. Do you notice any slowdown with other apps?

Nope none at all. It’s definitely been better the last 4-5 days than it was the month prior to that. Very odd issue

Ok so I go to Sweden quite a lot due to having a Swedish Mrs’s. The Swedes have basically gone cashless and use an app called Swish.

Everybody uses this from shops to equivalent of a car boot. I was just wondering can you pay a foreign mobile number ? If so are you charged a fee for a currency conversion ?

Only ask as I can’t have Swish as you need a Swedish bank account. My main reason for coming to Monzo is I was fed up being charged for spending my own money whilst abroad by Halifax.

Cheers guys :grinning::v:t2:

1 Like

This might’ve been asked before so apologies in advance if it has but are there plans to allow money to be transferred between pots and not just withdraw to main account and then moved over.

1 Like

I thought Halifax was one of the better banks for foreign spending. The Halifax Clarity card is often touted as being a best buy in this field.

True but Halifax clarity I believe is a credit card.

1 Like

I never use a credit card

2 Likes

Where do I find my IBAN?

Not yet available

I might be wrong but Monzo doesn’t have this yet ?

I find going into the app and asking question in there if I’m not sure. Worst case open up a chat with an advisor :+1:t2::wink:

What have this space: :soon: next month or two.

1 Like

I’d like the rounding feature to be able to be to different points other than simply rounding to the pound. For example 10p or 50p?

Hey @TomGriff ,

Not sure if you’ve checked out Monzo’s intergration with IFTTT but it allows you to round up purchases to the nearest £1 or 50p.

Here’s a link explaining the intergration and how it works overall: https://monzo.com/features/ifttt/

If you have any more questions about how it works etc, I’ll be happy to answer :slight_smile:

So I’m a tidy neat freak

Just wondered if you regularly go to a let’s say independent coffee shop and use your card.

As this is not a chain there’s no logo for it next to your spending. I Know you can suggest a logo if they have Twitter but not all folks do so.

Would be nice to have a function that instead of tapping on the box and it gives you the map and where it’s located. Instead you can actually add a logo. Maybe just a picture you’ve taken of their shop sign outside.

Not sure how easy this would be for the app to keep on remembering to add the pic each time though.

Sorry for the waffle. I’m sure I’m not the only neat freak :heart_eyes::joy:

4 Likes