New plus card came! But already opened šŸ˜«

I agree, but if itā€™s not physically possible to get the card out of the envelope thatā€™s partially opened then itā€™s not physically possible for your card to be compromised. Literally not possible.

3 Likes

mine arrived this morning fully open, ordered a replacement through via support. I think even if I saw this thread first, I still would have ordered a new card, since thereā€™s no guarantee that someone could have had a cheeky peek at the card details in transit.

very thankful that monzo doesnā€™t print account numbers on the cards!

2 Likes

My replacement card came fully open again, however the packaging that says Monzo(blue card holder) was the other way around this time - so looks like Iā€™ll be requesting a replacement again

Youā€™ve got your (first) replacement before my first one has turned upā€¦!

(Ordered late on Thursday night)

I actually ordered late Thursday aswellšŸ˜… then it came quickly all way to north west and the kind customer support team issued another and another again. But this time theyā€™re requesting a envelope as I demanded one to prevent it from happening

Feeling left out on the South coast now!

As someone who lives way up off into the Scottish highlands & islands, I received mine on Saturday (I thought Iā€™d be among the last of the first to upgrade to receive it), so itā€™s a tad concerning youā€™re still waiting for your first one!

Yeah Iā€™m still waiting for my first one, too. Ordered Thursday evening. I live 400 metres from a sorting office :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Mine arrived today, envelope slightly opened but not enough to have been tampered

2 Likes

Excited to get home and activate my new card also to find that it had already been opened.

Mine arrived the day after I upgraded.
The envelope wasnā€™t damaged enough that I noticed.
I have activated, and used, my card since.

Just in case anyone was wondering. What a fun thread this is!

3 Likes

I had this exact same scenario. Curiously ripped from the top and not the middle. I feel like the letters being used arenā€™t very secure. But it is undoubtably best to just get the card replaced.

So replacement card arrived today! Quick response from monzo. New envelope had a plain white sticker over the tear seal.

3 Likes

Mine just came inā€¦ and guess whatā€¦ It was partially opened too. I activated it anywayā€¦

I think itā€™s fine to activate it if itā€™s partially opened. Quite unlikely that someone couldā€™ve accessed your card that way

3 Likes

Plus if someoneā€™s going to use my card for online transactions I need to approve it on my Monzo app first so yeah Iā€™m relieved itā€™s not just me.

So I just received my second card today (first one had been totally unsealed with a Royal Mail sticker on) and guess what:

Fully unsealed again with another Royal Mail sticker :man_facepalming:

The new card also has a very noticeable scratch across then centre of it as well.

Third time lucky right?

2 Likes

My replacement card has arrived today, fully opened like the firstā€¦

Sounds like they should pause this, bin all the envelopes and get some new ones

2 Likes

Just to chime in, mine just arrived and itā€™s still sealed.

5 Likes