1 Like
Do you want another poll?
  • Hell yeah
  • Go on then
  • I’m polled out
  • Who are you again
  • I now bank with Viola Black

0 voters

That’s an interesting assessment. I was quite impressed with the polished feel of it, but perhaps that was more to do with low expectations from previous features, and less to do with the level of polish that was actually there.

Even now though, it still, to me, feels like a fully finished and polished product. The features themselves may be lacking, but the product experience as a whole, the way it was presented, the UI flows, the quality of the card were all quite polished and well done to me. But then I am comparing it to the half baked stuff they’ve done, namely the transferwise integration which was well documented in the Built for Mars case study.

Edit: I linked to the wrong case study, the correct one is here. https://builtformars.com/making-an-international-payment-with-monzo/

Depends if it’s still travel oriented. Even with the latest rules, I was still surprised to see them launching what is suspected to be a travel focused product, with travel insurance, whilst the pandemic was still ongoing. The fact it was rumoured to be launching imminently had me convinced, or rather hoping, they’d pivoted.

3 Likes

As we know, no matter what Monzo decide, it will be the wrong decision.

7 Likes

Poll live klaxon!

(I’ll have messed up part of it, I’m sure)

1 Like

I think the product feels well put together at first, but then you realise all the shortcuts they took - for a while the flow automatically cancelled your card when you cancelled Plus, even if you didn’t have the shiny card. That’s a big deal for customers who wanted to keep the same card so they don’t have to go around updating payment details everywhere

The Plus tab is just redundant for most people, and the Do More with Plus cards can’t be dismissed even though people asked for it on day 1 and Monzo employees promised that it would come

1 Like

Agreed. They need to roll this out to joint account holders.

@AlanDoe are you allowed to share how many customers have joint accounts? I’ve seen stats for every other type of account but not joint accounts

I have a theory that they aren’t prioritised as not many have them, but there’s no stats to back that up

Not something we’d be giving a break down on besides us highlighting the number of accounts that we have in total at Monzo.

Sorry I can’t help prove/disprove your theory @Rat_au_van :broken_heart:

1 Like

With that last message I’ll go ahead and close this Topic since we have a more up to date and active Topic :+1:

1 Like