Monzo Plus: Two Months On Poll

Perhaps you could offer some constructive criticism by stating what you would like to see. Maybe it’s something Monzo could then consider adding.

2 Likes

Plus is almost worth it for me just for custom categories. Already helping me properly see my spending (as opposed to the ridiculously underpowered tags I was using previously) and is what I think Monzo should always have been/don’t really think it should be a plus feature at all.

The connected accounts and interest are nice also, but echoing sentiments above, connected accounts won’t be useful until proper integration of that data (and please show me all transactions not just the last 90 days).

3 Likes

Ah man - we lose our blue cards if we cancel plus+ after the three months?

Is that the case any time? Cancel and you lose your card?

What a bummer

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that this is a requirement of the Open Banking law. Don’t think Monzo can do anything about this? I could be totally wrong though :+1:

When I cancelled Plus after one month Monzo sent me a coral card.

Perhaps if you don’t activate the replacement the blue card continues to function?

1 Like

It doesn’t really make sense for them to send you a new card (they’re spending more money for nothing) - I am going to move over to money dashboard for the ‘cards in plus’

Yes, they’ll seal my data but it is the only plus feature I use daily and it’s not really enough for £5 a month

Earlier in the tread, I said it was worth it, but I’ve come to realise it isn’t

When you cancel Plus, your old card will stop working after 2 weeks regardless the colour. That’s one of my biggest annoyances with Plus, they couldn’t even sort the code out not to cancel Coral cards

3 Likes

You have to re authenticate the connection every 90 days but there is nothing stopping them from showing transactions further back.

Emma and (as far as I’m aware) all the other aggregators show you as far back as they can retrieve. Monzo is the only place I’ve seen which has this limit.

2 Likes

I think it is having everything in one app

Sure and moneydashboard does that for free - I can even add in accounts that are not online.

Basically nothing - the problem is that as an AMEX holder - I could say “travel insurance” but I get that from Amex. Integration of accounts? Moneydashboard’s implementation is superior.

I honestly cannot see anything that would make me pay (which as an investor is slightly worrying but plenty of other people see willing to so it balances out).

So if there is nothing they could do to make you sign up, “as an investor”, rather that going into every topic to state how bad it is (as well as Monzo in general) would it not be prudent to tone it down a little since you’ve now made your point?

Then you won’t have to worry about your investment, because as you said plenty of others do see value in it.

I wasn’t just referring to this topic. All you have to do is look at your post history and almost every comment is negative across the board.

It’s fine to give feedback but it’s just a bit tiring reading the same thing from you over and over - that’s all I was saying. Especially since you’re concerned about your investment, it just doesn’t make sense to be doing it to this extent :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you create virtual cards and get interest through money dashboard?

I am saying having all of what Monzo provide in an app

Oddly enough, since I never activated the Rainbow Fish card they sent me, my pre-Plus coral card worked all throughout my Plus membership, and continues to work today, 2+ weeks after cancelling. They also never sent any replacement card to me (even though the text in the UI said they would).

1 Like

Oh, they might have fixed it then!

I would like to see:

• Cheque scanning
  • A euro and other accounts
  • Investments

Good luck.

3 Likes

Investments would be a good one!

1 Like

Or integration with a investing platform