After Monzo Plus was launched, we had a very quick (just a couple of days) flash poll to take the immediate temperature of folks on here.
The results were interesting:
We had lots of voters (212 on the first yes/no question): 64% said they had subscribed to Monzo Plus.
Of 83 people who wanted to explain why not, 51% felt there weren’t enough features of interest for them yet.
46% of people said that they would stick with Monzo Plus if there were new features in the pipeline. 31% of voters said they’d stick with it come what may.
The top three features were virtual cards, custom categories and other accounts in Monzo. The least popular feature was the offers.
For the next Plus features, there was an overwhelming preference to link virtual cards to pots (54%), for mobile phone or gadget insurance (37%) and for more connected account providers (34%). (A separate poll shows Amex as being the overwhelming leader there).
Now we’ve had some time to live with Plus for a while, I wanted to repeat the poll to see how opinions have changed (or not), to include some other feature suggestions from the discussion and to give folk much longer to think and respond.
So, without further ado, here’s the Big Plus Poll! Open until the end of August - or sooner if there’s a big Plus feature launch before then.
Have you subscribed to Monzo Plus?
If you didn’t, why not?
- Too expensive
- No, or not enough, features of interest
- Disagree with paywalling features
- I haven’t yet but I plan to
- No joint account support
- Something else (tell us below)
If you did, will you stick with it?
- Yes - it’s fine as it is
- Yes - if I get new features
Top 3 Monzo Plus features?
- Other accounts, in Monzo
- Interest on balance and regular pots
- Custom categories
- Holographic card
- Virtual Cards
- Advanced Roundups
- Credit Tracker
- Auto-export transactions
- One free cash deposit per month
- Fee-free withdrawals abroad
And the big one… What do you want next in Plus?
- Categories, notes and the Monzo experience for connected accounts
- Budgeting across connected accounts
- Reorder connected accounts
- More connected account providers (vote over here!)
- Export connected accounts to Google Sheets
- Virtual cards linked to Pots
- New app icon(s)
- Dedicated Monzo Plus community section
- More card colour options
- Priority support
- More round-up options (tell us what below)
- Change Monzo.Me username
- Switch off green background on accounts page
- All 3 credit agency scores in app
- Metal card
- Travel insurance
- Mobile phone / gadget insurance
- Change date of Monzo Plus subscription
- Pay Monzo Plus from pot
- Native IFTTT
- More IFTTT triggers / actions
- Nested categories
- Envelope budgeting (like YNAB)
- Bring to joint accounts
- Google Sheets templates (for dashboards, data visualisation, interrogation etc)
- Delete / reorder custom categories
- Bulk change categories
- Visualise / interrogate past spend / better in-app analytics of spending / categories / merchants etc
- Create receipts in Monzo (through OCR or manual entry) - and assign a category per line
- A ‘secrets store’ - somewhere to keep sensitive banking info (like CVVs).
- More colours for custom categories
- Delete / hide standard categories
- Future-proof the Google Sheets export - more information (e.g. payment method of Google Pay vs card) and columns for future use
- Something else (tell us what below!)