Monzo Plus: any upcoming features?

I was wondering if there are talks about upcoming features for monzo plus. Atm it doesn’t seem to worth the £5/month investment for me, but I’d definitely think about it, if it would offer travel and other insurance, more offers and/or cashback options, airport lounge access, etc. in the future.

3 Likes

It launched yesterday, if they had anything else to say, they would have said it.

There’s been long rumours about a second level. Maybe Plus+ which would include the insurances etc. But now is not a good time to launch travel insurance. And it would be more than £5.

9 Likes

lol the rate of development of Monzo plus launched yesterday seems to have stagnated :slight_smile:

9 Likes

It’s been more than 24 hours since Monzo launched a new feature! How dare they‽ Bring out your pitchforks, people!

3 Likes

Im sorry for being silly Petra … apologies :slight_smile: I think Monzo are going to wait for a while , gather some feedback from the main discussion and work from there … I was really impressed how all / most of the development team were on hand for a long time yesterday to answer some questions where they could , and hopefully take on board some of the more negative feedback where it was warranted , its like the old days of Mondo at times

4 Likes

Exactly this. It may include all the things requested but there’s no way on earth that it will be £5 per month.

4 Likes

yeah the old monzo plus was more expensive but there was an option to have travel insurance, hence my question:)

1 Like

I’m predicting another tier, at least, which adds to Plus and becomes ‘Premium’ - and includes the extra insurances/cashback/lounge access/GS membership.

Premium could be a pick & mix tier or there may even be more than one tier?

3 Likes

It’s a great question and one I’m hoping is already being worked on at Monzo as I presume it’s part of a larger plan (cough roadmap) that they are working towards.

Best case, they are waiting a few weeks for the new Plus noise to settled down a bit (the announcement thread is still going strong!) and then might start teasing out future options?

Worst case, we hear nothing until next year when they announce it and … well who knows!

1 Like

Wish we’d thought of that name… :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I prefer the name Monzo Plus² or, Monzo+²

I prefer Monzo # because a # is just two + on top of each other

Is it bad that i don’t get it? :confused:

1 Like

How do you even pronounce that?

Monzo Hash? Monzo Hashtag? Monzo Sharp? Monzo Pound?

1 Like

I’d go with sharp. Hash just sounds like a mess and I’ve never liked the pound name for that symbol.

1 Like

Monzo hash sounds well worth £5 per month

6 Likes

I see 4 + in a grid :hushed:

1 Like

I’d go for Sharp. Maybe we should have a poll… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

1 Like

Step away from the polls

1 Like

Wait didn’t we cut your poll power?!?

1 Like