Monzo Direct Debit Support Force - Sign up here

Just to let you know, I sent them a webform message on 2nd August 2017 so the month since I informed them that it didn’t work is also nearly over!

Received Wednesday 2nd August 2017

Thank you for your enquiry Mr [Redacted],

I have passed your email on to the relevant office and they will reply
to you as soon as they can.

If you have any further queries, we’re here to help online or by phone
24 hours a day Our contact details | Get in touch with us | NS&I

Kind Regards,

[Redacted]
Customer Service Team
NS&I Blackpool

I have not received a reply and the sort code has still not been accepted therefore today I submitted a formal complaint to NS&I via Money Saving Experts Resolver website. Here is what I stated:

Dear Customer Services,

Re: NS&I Account Reference: [Redacted]

I am writing to you to raise an issue about Premium Bonds at NS&I on August 2nd, 2017.

I have recently changed my bank to Monzo Bank Limited, 230 City Rd, London EC1V 2QY; sort code 04-00-04. The bank has a full UK banking license and FSCS protection. Upon trying to add this bank’s sortcode to my NS&I account I get the message: “The sort code you entered does not exist. Please check and try again.” I reported this error on August 1st or 2nd 2017 via NS&I’s webform. I got a reply from customer service representative [Redacted] (Customer Service Team NS&I Blackpool): “Thank you for your enquiry Mr [Redacted], I have passed your email on to the relevant office and they will reply to you as soon as they can.” I have not been replied too as of 25th August 2017 and the sort code has still not been recognised.

How to resolve this issue is very easy, please allow the sort code and bank on your website so that I can access my money.

I look forward to a prompt response.

Please reply to my Resolver email account as I would like to keep all of my communications in my personalised complaints case file.

Yours faithfully

[Redacted]

Reference: Webform; you replied by email too [Redacted] on Wednesday 2nd August 2017 from [Redacted] (NS&I Customer Service Blackpool).
Address: [Redacted]

4 Likes

Vitality Life still need a “kick” to allow Monzo details.

Why yes, yes they do. I’ve set up my DD with them

Toyota Finance update:

Looking at the notes on your agreement, our IT department have advised that our system uses the Experian Bank Wizard to check for valid banks accounts, the version we have currently does not recognise this bank account. This is why we get the error invalid sort code.

Unfortunately in these circumstances, we would not be able to accept these bank details. We will keep the Direct Debits coming out of the current Nationwide bank account we hold for you.

So… I’m unsure as to who’s at fault here? Is it Toyota for using out of date systems? Surely they can update the system to allow for new Sort Codes, Monzo can’t be the only new Sort Code they’ve seen in months? :stuck_out_tongue:

Or is it Experian? Who don’t allow for 04-00-04 yet, thus giving Toyota no choice in the matter?

2 Likes

Might be worth dropping them a tweet…

https://twitter.com/id_and_fraud

3 Likes

Writing it as we speak :wink:

Is that the right handle? I was going to use @experian :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d use @experian

2 Likes

The adventure continues! :sweat_smile:

Who’d have thought it would be so hard to give a company money :wink:

7 Likes

Maybe both?

the ID and Fraud one is from this page which describes the “Bank Wizard”

http://www.experian.co.uk/payments/payment-validation/bank-account-validation.html

I’ve gone for just @Experian for now :slight_smile: I’ll see how that plays out

About 10 minutes after getting an email from Toyota Finance saying it cannot be done, etc. etc. I get @ToyotaFinance on twitter jump up and say this:

Points awarded for joined up communication /s :joy:

I’ll stop spamming this thread with updates now and see if I can get them to accept my DD - I’ll let everyone know if/when that happens :slight_smile:

Cheers for the help all!

Love reading this thread and all the hard work to get the new sort code accepted. At least you will have done all the hard work for us all when we get the current account. Although why they won’t accept or the excuses makes me chuckle.

Going back on what I said previously… Here’s an update in case anyone’s curious :slight_smile:

I phoned Toyota again, 20 minutes into the phone call, after being on hold 3 times and a transfer later … :boom: progress:

“We’re in the process of assimilating our systems and adding support for your new bank, we aim to have this done by Tuesday at which point we’ll be back in contact. But so as not to get your hopes up with the time frame we might take until next Friday. You will hear from us next week regarding your payment update”

So assuming that this definitely happens!! :crossed_fingers: Monzo should be supported by Experian Bank Wizard / Toyota Finance very very soon :slight_smile: :monzo:

4 Likes

I sent BACS an email and got this back:

Bacs are sorry to hear of the issues experienced in setting up a Direct Debit Instruction and we will be contacting Vitality Health Insurance via their sponsoring bank to ensure that they are aware of their obligations to update their systems with the latest version of the EISCD on a monthly basis as a minimum and to request this is addressed as a matter of urgency

11 Likes

Excellent - thanks - thats great to see!

1 Like

I had a call from NS&I social media team today. Nothing of any great substance really, they just said they have a “process engineer” working on it and will update further once they hear more.

It’s better than a flat “no” i guess!

I had an exemplary experience (well notwithstanding they didn’t accept the sort code in the first place) with my English Heritage membership Direct Debit today. The customer services person went from puzzled to intrigued to “I’m going to make it my mission to fix this” within the 5 mins of the call. After being on hold they came back saying “That’s Monzo, is it - the bank that send you instant notifications? Some here in the office was showing us their Monzo card. I’m going to try and collar the direct debit person today.” Sure enough, an hour later a call back from someone else saying they’be updated their systems.

Who says a heritage organisation can’t move with the times!

30 Likes

Virgin Media Twitter account says Monzo sort code doesn’t work but called them (and eventually) managed to get it changed by a customer service person. So as mentioned above it works but only if you sort over the phone.

3 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Monzo Debit Card Payments Support Force - Sign up here

That’s good. Spoke to BACS a few days ago and they said they had several people phone about Monzo acceptance. Virgin Media were adamant that they were refusing to accept the sort code but I think someone from BACS has reminded them that they kinda have to :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Seems somewhat bizarre, to me, that an organisation would be so stubborn as to refuse a customer’s money.

7 Likes