Merchant logos only Twitter? Local too?

DMing me still stands as well :+1:

@BethS Thanks for explaining, I can imagine itā€™s a never-ending task! Appreciate the fact theyā€™re actively being reviewed as they are submitted though :blush:

If you ever need anything done
ā€œJust ask @BethS or @Rikaā€ ā„ 

3 Likes

Letā€™s try that. Hey @BethS @Rika how would you handle the various Bandcamp artists on my post here: Merchant logos only Twitter? Local too? Iā€™ve submitted individual artist names and twitter usernames in the past as thatā€™s how Iā€™d like them in my feed, but they havenā€™t been processed. How do you think they should be?

Iā€™d probably go for Bandcamp logo and band name as reference. Artist photo could go where the maps are usually shown?

Although you could do artist picture as logo with bandcamp tag, like a coin jar transaction.

2 Likes

:thinking:

I rely on the terminal a lot. So if that says band camp, Iā€™m gonna probably go with band camp.

Iā€™ll look into it a bit more on shift :+1:

2 Likes

What is going on Monzo? :grin: :see_no_evil:

Up until now, this transaction I made at a National Trust for Scotland (NTS, Twitter @N_T_S) property had the correct logo, correct address, but an incorrect merchant name of ā€œNewhailesā€. (Newhailes is a different property to this one). I have repeatedly submitted the correct name - using the ā€œSubmit manuallyā€¦ā€ option, but alas it has never been corrected :pensive:

But now, not only has the merchant name been changed to a different and incorrect NTS property, but the logo has disappeared as well!

Another NTS property I made a purchase at has also had its logo changed to the English National Trust logo - ā€œNTS CULZEAN CASTL GBRā€ :frowning:

:frowning_face: :man_shrugging:

Screenshot_20180601-200237

Is there some magic you can work here @BethS ?? :slight_smile: :pray:

2 Likes

Beth was great at fixing merchant data for me but Monzo as a whole are getting progressively worse at fixing merchant data than they were during PP card and early CA days. I wish theyā€™d either get someone on customer service to have a dedicated amount of time to it or just have a message when submitted that says ā€œWeā€™ll fix this eventually but itā€™s not a priorityā€

*Edited to add last two sentences

7 Likes

blahhhhhhhh

NTS is weird, everyone thinks the terminals are unique at the sites

hint: theyā€™re not. they are generic. for every single site

so everyone updates to where theyā€™ve just been :cry: I had to fix one of these the other day.

if you chuck me your email via DM Iā€™ll investigate later and let you know :thinking:

2 Likes

also sorry I rushed writing that but we are busyyyyy and I didnā€™t want to forget to reply

2 Likes

Iā€™d happily be that person hah. Iā€™d get way too much satisfaction out of fixing things like this. :no_mouth:

1 Like

Is this the case for all of them? Culzean Castle is correct (apart from logo), but Robert Burns one has been Newhailes and is now Tenement Houseā€¦ Even though itā€™s NTS RBBM GBR - does that count/help?

Is there something that could be done to say, just have them all ā€œNational Trust for Scotlandā€, and use the property as the reference, like with the bandcamp examples discussed recently?

I enjoy doing it.

We have a rota for every shift. Most people are assigned to the ā€˜frontlineā€™ and that is intercom. We have people assigned to bizops, which is IDV, PIN recovery and merchant feedback etc. Couple of other tasks as well.

We also have people manning escalation channels (technical, queries, vulnerable), and then people answering calls and social media. As you can see, that is a lot to cover!

We have either one or two people on bizops, depending on the availability of who is working, and we concentrate on PIN/IDV as time sensitive and merchant feedback when itā€™s quiet. It has not been at all quiet lately. Which means we havenā€™t the time to dedicate as part of the normal day to day process.

Though, when we notice it is getting out of hand (which would be about now, but itā€™s coming into the weekend and unfortunately weā€™re tight on staff at the weekend) we do have someone assigned to it to clear the backlog.

It is a task we want to get right, so each feedback does take some time!

An insight into how busy we are right now:

At the beginning of the week I was given 6 or so hours to study, which meant I wouldnā€™t be on the frontline, or bizops. Just studying, so offline, but online. I have had to cancel all of these to be available on the frontline and we have all hands on deck, and weā€™ve been pulling resource from other teams.

Itā€™s not that we donā€™t hear you, itā€™s that we need power, and we definitely are looking to get more on board.

I hope that eases some concerns!

9 Likes

Most sites Iā€™ve seen, yes.

And ideally they should be grouped into NT England or NT Scotland.

2 Likes

Hey @CraigR :wave:

Would you mind DMā€™ing me your email address for Monzo please?

Iā€™m actually reviewing our training materials for our merchant review tasks next week. Iā€™d love to take a look at the ones youā€™ve sent in and catch as many edge cases as possible - this is definitely one of those, but sounds like you mightā€™ve run into a few! :disappointed:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good to know as often it does seem like there is no one working on it at all, especially when you report incorrect data and it takes a week to be updated.

Completely agree

Yeap definitely eases some concerns but would be good if the system as a whole could be a bit more fleshed out at some point e.g. ā€œYou have already reported this merchantā€ or ā€œThis merchant has been waiting for a fix for X amount of daysā€. Would surely help lessen the load on COPs

2 Likes

if facebook logos are still broken, is instagram ok?

Everything regarding merchant data is broken lol

2 Likes

I still think this is the best idea:

2 Likes

Comments like ā€œWere more or less on top of it every day or soā€ makes me sad, because it means many Iā€™ve submitted were discarded without making the changes. Lack of feedback sucks, something like ā€œno valid logo foundā€ or ā€œcanā€™t get logos from facebook at the momentā€ or ā€œthese details are for a specific place but all transactions from this company are labelled the same nationwideā€, etc would make this whole thing way more rewarding, because we can stop resubmitting the same thing multiple times in the hopes it doesnā€™t just get deleted.

3 Likes