Known Issues + Bugs Retail/Food Vendors šŸ‘œšŸ•

My wife just had contactless declined in Savers. She didnā€™t realise that chip and pin would probably have worked, so used another card instead :pensive:

1 Like

Same thing happened to me yday

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure Superdrug own Savers? A bug report on Superdrug has been raised where only PIN works and not contactless.

Iā€™d assume the company that put in Superdrugā€™s contactless devices also did Savers which is why this is happening.

1 Like

one4allgiftcard.co.uk does not like Monzo. Paid and successfully charged, but then order cancelled and refunded the next day. Maybe they just donā€™t like prepaid.

Not strictly true, but could be the reason. Both Superdrug and Savers are owned by the same holding company.

Tesco Pay at Pump (as well as other pay at pump) does not work (contactless or PIN). You can pay at kiosk however

1 Like

Itā€™s because pay at pump rejects prepaid cards. For some reason the transaction is offline, so they canā€™t guarantee you have enough money on the card.

That problem should go away when full accounts are launched.

1 Like

Chip and PIN payments were declined multiple times at a Morrisons today (with and without cash back) even though Iā€™d just topped it up and used it at another shop earlier on. Is this related to the issues with contactless or just a fluke?
This wouldnā€™t have been such a pain if Barclays (my main bank) werenā€™t also having issues this weekend.

Thereā€™s a couple of posts in this thread which confirm that chip & pin usually works for Morrisons so my guess is there was an issue with the particular terminal / store you were using / in.

Hi there, hope this is the right place to highlight any issues - just activated my card today, tried to use at Morrisons to no avail. Tried chip + pin first, then contact less, unfortunately declined both times. Will try at another retail shop tomorrow, hopefully itā€™s just an issue with that particular store! Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

HI,

As per first post

ā€œ_Other Issues _
* Morrisons, My Local and Superdrug decline contactless transactions - chip and pin should go through fine:ā€

It is known but will go when the full bank accounts go live

1 Like

Hi - thanks for the quick response, yes I read the original post RE Morrisons, but chip + pin didnā€™t work for me so I thought it might be worth logging.
Thanks!

1 Like

I work in a building owned by Co-op bank and when I purchase food it comes up as such in the app. But in fact its another vendor with a concession. Is there a way i could edit this so its a true record of who Iā€™m spending with?

I searched using the ā€œfrying panā€ top right of screen for ā€œwrong merchantā€ and found this thread on how you report incorrect merchants information - which explains how to submit merchant details if you read through it :slight_smile: shows you how to on iPhone 2nd post on the thread and for Android an answer from tristan 2nd from bottom of thread

3 Likes

Thanks Ian thatā€™s very helpful. I was desperately trying to work out the best place to post it.

2 Likes

My card was rejected at Taylor St Baristas about 30mins ago, both contactless & pin. Nothing showed up on the app.

1 Like

I think the first post in this topic can be updated now that Morrisons now accepts contactless transactions (seems to be working well for a couple of months now)

2 Likes

Another thing: been trying cashback at Sainsburyā€™s normal checkout, and got declined (and thereā€™s no info showing in the app, so donā€™t know more). On the other hand, Morrisonā€™s Self Checkoutā€™s cashback works totally fine when I checked a couple of times. I wonder what is the currently ā€œknown statusā€ for cashback function?

Iā€™m not sure cash back is something Monzo can even control - the terminal chooses to offer this option before even talking to the card issuer - whether you choose cash back or not Monzo only sees that youā€™ve paid for groceries.

I guess for some reason they disable cash back for prepaid cards so this is why it declines without even talking to Monzo (thatā€™s why thereā€™s nothing in the app).

I remember at some point I was offered cash back every time at my Asda store - when paying by card it asks you to insert card and then depending on the kind of card you have (as theyā€™re forbidden from offering cash back on credit cards) it asks if you want any cash. Now it stopped doing it, Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s something to do with the fact that Iā€™m using Monzo or that they simply stopped offering cash back.

theyā€™re forbidden from offering cash back on prepaid cards I was told by ASDA