Known Issues + Bugs Retail/Food Vendors 👜🍕

In Monzo’s Terms, it clearly states that cash back is not offered, Point 3.5 from Terms:

There is no cash back facility.

It’s not working as intended, not a bug. :smiley:

1 Like

Good to know - in this case they were in breach of their own policy a few months back as I do remember getting cash back using Monzo. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

you never know if it true or if one of their staff making up an answer off the top of their head :joy:

Hi. I paid today in a pub using contactless payment for a meal and transaction on the device was as failed (or whatever that word was) but my Monzo app showed this transaction. I showed that to the cashier and I got my meal without the need for a 2nd payment.
Now question is what is going to happen? After several hours is still on my app as charged (pending though) but they might not get their money as transaction was not successful.
Did anyone had that before?

1 Like

Sorry if this is a known issue, but Upper Crust told me they don’t accept Monzo, I presume they were told by their head office not to accept them!

1 Like

Which one? I’m sure I’ve used it at Liverpool Street after being told by the Pasty Shop they wouldn’t accept it. Send a message in app to :monzo: as I think they need to know about this :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Upper Crust one and I have used it at loads of other vendors within the station. I have sent Monzo a message via the app as well complaining to Upprr Crust for the rudeness the staff used

1 Like

This is actually against the MasterCard terms and conditions they sign up to as a merchant. Worth raising it with their customer service and let Monzo know as they’ll be able to escalate a complaint with MasterCard :slight_smile:

Thanks, I thought that it wasn’t right. I have already let Monxo know and they are speaking with them and I have already complained to Upper Crust.

1 Like

Had a CA payment denied this morning (8.04) at Asda. First time ever had a problem at Asda. Anyone else had issues?

I’m yet to use my card today :slight_smile: I took a look at the status page:

https://monzo.statuspage.io/

And there’s not been an outage reported today, is there a message in the Monzo app on the decline transaction? It might give some more insight :smiley:

Failing that, you could give the support team a shout :wink:

2 Likes

You ask support team for the reason?

1 Like

Not heard back yet from support. The entry in app just says ‘declined’. The paper receipt says ‘Card issuer denied the charge’. I am in credit.

Reply from support

Was that a contactless payment, Stephen?

It looks like it was declined because of a misconfigured terminal disappointed

A chip and PIN Transaction would have worked there, instead.

Really sorry for the inconvenience!

1 Like

To confirm, it was a contactless payment.

I’ve had 2 or 3 fail at ASDA for contactless in the past.

ASDA has always been fickle, with any of my bank cards, with contactless.