Known Issues + Bugs Retail/Food Vendors 👜🍕

Just to add I couldn’t use my card on a parking meter either, tried contactless and pin both were declined.

(Alex Sherwood) #23

Just thought I’d point out this list of issues, in case you hadn’t spotted it yet -

this problem’s listed there. But thanks for sharing this - you obviously hadn’t realized!

Contactless still not accepted in morrisons, chip + pin goes through fine :slight_smile:

The funny thing is that both Greggs and Morrisons use the same Ingenico IPP350 terminal.
Also I was able to pay in one Greggs and - if I recall correctly - The ingenico logo did not have the red elliptic background.

What is the technical reason for a declined contactless payment in this case?

(Simon B) #26

For what it’s worth, I’m a Huel customer myself, but I tend to order it from Amazon and obviously that works with our cards :slight_smile:

It’s the same price as buying it direct (except for the discount that you get if you subscribe). I don’t always get through it at the same rate, so the regular subscription wouldn’t work for me.

But that might be something worth considering.

Contactless wouldn’t work in Gail’s in Hampstead last night either even after a few attempts. PIN entry worked fine however. The screen was saying more than one card was being presented. A TSB contactless card worked fine at an earlier time.

They were using one of those small iZettle terminals.

(Oliver Ford) #28

Huh, didn’t know that was possible.

I gather you can modify it though? That’s what made me go for it, I get Pact (coffee) on a subscription-ish (auto-order more apt I suppose) and I’m always changing that.

Went for a relatively small amount over a long time frame anyway though, figure I can always get more (more easily than less) if required.

Anyway, I kept trying, and it just suddenly worked. Huel say they didn’t change anything their end, so :shrug:

Hi. Contactless declined in Starbucks today - chip and pin fine :slight_smile:

Worked for me on Saturday. Doubt things would have changed since then. It’s likely the hardware at the branch was faulty.

Worked for me a few weeks ago

(Naji Esiri) #31

Thanks @rubenwardy Ruben :+1: Will get these changed!

(Hannah) #32

Declined at debenhams today (chip + pin). Might have been an issue with them though, as it normally goes through fine

(Mark McDonnell) #33

So my favourite spot in London “vital ingredients” doesn’t work :frowning:

(Alex Sherwood) #34

That’s a shame, what error message do you get in the app? Is the transaction declined for contactless and chip & pin?

(Naji Esiri) #35

@integralist Hey Mark! Any other detail you could offer on this would be much appreciated :slightly_smiling_face: We may have an explanation or fix for you

(Mark McDonnell) #36

Hi there, sorry can’t remember what the exact message was now (busy line and a bit pushed for time so couldn’t try inserting card after the touch payment failed). I’ll try again tomorrow with chip/pin and see if that works or not and update with any error here.

(Alex Sherwood) #37

Thanks for the update, you should have a feed item which displays the error message but if you deleted it, no worries :slight_smile:

It’ll be interesting to hear more tomorrow.

(Mark McDonnell) #38

Hello. So I tried again today with chip&pin and it said the card wasn’t supported.

(Richard Müller, Consultant) #39

This could be they don’t take pre-paid cards or that they only take cards with offline verification and refuse cards that need to be verified online

(Andy) #40

Just used my card in Starbucks (Bridgewater Place) Leeds, and the card was declined on Contactless, it was first approved but then a refund immediately and then the transaction was successfully using chip and pin…

The reason on the receipt is “Not Authorised” but it shows as a Visa Paywave payment…

(Naji Esiri) #41

Hey Mark. Sorry for the late reply! We’re looking into this, it’s added to the pinned post at the top of this thread for now :slightly_smiling_face: