Contactless

(Sam Jones) #1

Hello!
I’ve tried to use contactless today and it’s rejecting.
I’ve used the card with the pin but it’s still rejecting, any ideas why this would be happening?
Worked fine yesterday :jack_o_lantern:

Where was this? Was there a declined message in the app?

(Josh Bray) #3

The best way of finding out why is to contact the in app support.

(Sam Jones) #4

This is what the app says.

I’ve used the chip and pin today.

Ah Morrisons is a known problem area for Monzo contactless. Will have to use chip & PIN there for now. Still better than Sainsbury’s who’ve not enabled contactless at all!

(Josh Bray) #6

Yeah Morrison’s doesn’t work with contactless. It’s something wrong with their back end just not playing with Monzo’s

(Sam Jones) #7

My other card has a nightmare being used in Morrison’s too so that might make sense.

(Alex Sherwood) #8

Here’s the page that confirms that this is a known issue, it’ll be updated if / when the problem’s resolved

(Danny) #9

I went in to Curry’s PC World the other day (shudders) and they didn’t have contactless either!

A ‘tech’ store with no contactless :joy:

(Josh Bray) #10

I would not call that place a “tech” shop. :thinking::neutral_face:

(Danny) #12

It sells technology items therefore tech store. :wink:

I needed something in an emergency hence going there, wouldn’t have bothered otherwise.

I have used ebuyer before but prefer going straight to distribution and cutting out the middle man.

I’m guessing they were in no hurry to fit contactless as most of their sales are over £30. I just hope that when they do install contactless they won’t be capped at that limit for Apple and Android Pay (not because I tend to use them but I think anywhere doing contactless should do it right).

(Sam Jones) #14

They are pretty dumb. I asked if a new laptop that I bought was going to have any bloatware on it and he said no. The fist lie. Then he told me I’d need a 64GB memory card to make a back up disk of Windows and that it would take A day to create. Anyway, contactless is kinda useless there considering the cost of all their products.

(Danny) #15

Not everything they have is over £30, I bought a USB to Ethernet and that was under £30.

All the cables under £30, USB drives, memory cards etc etc under £30.

My point is that as a store such as themselves that sells electrical goods should at least get with the times.

(James Billingham) #16

If their terminals are kept up-to-date, the £30 limit doesn’t apply for transactions with CVM, such as the CDCVM provided by Apple Pay, Android Pay, etc.