[iOS] Fix statements on iOS app so they are A4 size

Ever since the launch of statements in the Monzo app, the iOS app has generated them as US Letter size. There have been multiple requests for this to be changed to generate A4 sized statements, but over 18 months later, the iOS app is still generating statements in the wrong size. I’ve confirmed with a friend using Android that their app doesn’t have this issue and is generating statements as A4. Can Monzo please fix this, I’ve been holding off on downloading my statements (to keep for my records) until the paper size is correct.

Surprised this still isn’t fixed. Brought this up long ago.

2 Likes

I know, your post is the third link above :wink:

Is there a reason for it not being A4?

There’s never been a reason given, and the Android version now produces A4. So I assume it was just an oversight/bug in coding the feature.

1 Like

Is there any update on this? I know nothing is as simple as it seems, but this bug has now been present for almost two years! @cookywook or @Rika is there any update? Can this please be fixed soon :pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

Just curious but why does the paper size matter if you are downloading them?

If you do choose to print them at a later date, I’m pretty sure most modern printers can handle being told to ‘print this document’ A4? Am I missing something?

I sometimes need to print them for proof of transactions or address. Yes, the print driver can scale them, but then you end up with odd blank spaces and not an efficient use of space to fit the most information on the page. I also save my bank statements for future reference. All my other ones are A4. It doesn’t seem too much to ask that a UK bank produce statements to fit standard A4 paper!

1 Like

Fair enough. I save mine too, digitally. But haven’t had to print them off any time in the past decade? And I don’t care about odd blank spaces, if a company wants data on paper they can figure that out for themselves, it’s 2019! :slight_smile:

Perhaps I am the one missing something - I have just downloaded last months statement which does not have any blank spaces and is already A4 for printing. R-

On iOS?

Yup. R-

Strange, as I downloaded this month’s statement before reviving this topic. Let me try past statements and see if I get a different outcome…

Nope, it’s not producing A4 statements for me:

Page size for A4 should be 21.00 x 29.70 cm. The dimensions of Monzo statements look like US Letter size (which is 21.60 x 27.90).

@RogerB, when you hit ‘Print’ it will show it printing to A4 because that is (presumably) the default paper size for your printer, and the system scales the PDF to fit. But the actual PDF is not the correct paper size for me. Are you seeing something different?

I see what you are saying now. Here is what I see on General Info.

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 14.09.04

R-

can confirm that my statements are US Letter size too. I’ve just checked to clarify.

Really does seem a strange size for a UK based company.

1 Like

Just realised you @jzw95 were using Inspector. This is screen grab which shows same as your document. So, the printer is re-sizing it - but that is OK, is it not? R-

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 14.13.47

1 Like

As I say, it works ok, but I’d prefer to have properly-sized documents as it does subtly change how they look when printed, you end up with larger-than-necessary top and bottom margins and smaller text. And as @Addzy says, it’s very strange for a UK bank to be producing US Letter statements, I’ve never come across it before, and have used many online banks!

2 Likes

Definitely needs fixed then. Eventually.

Agreed, please fix this. Surely it’s not that hard!?