iOS App Slowdown & Lag

(Andre Borie) #268

This is a horrible experience, I suggest you raise a formal complaint.

(Jack) #269

Have you upgraded to iOS 12?

Or maybe take a look at this. iOS performance management can slow down the phones performance if your battery is degraded.

I’m on iOS 12.1 now. Had my battery replaced 4 months ago.

I emailed help@monzo.com again this morning and had a reply to say they’re investigating as a matter of urgency.

Thanks for the suggestion.

(Jeff) #271

iOS 12.1 is a beta — the latest official release is 12.0.1. Could this be the issue?

My apologies I meant 12.0.1

(Richard Cook) #273

Hi there @Vacuumfriends , I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with the app at the moment.

It sounds like you’re already in touch with the team about this, and they’re already investigating what’s going on. If you’d like me to take a further look, please drop me a DM with your email.

Thanks!

Bit of a breakthrough (I HOPE!).

I’ve been in touch with Monzo through email and after much investigation their end, I was told I was the only person they know of that is having the issues I’ve been having, or has had this issue.

For weeks, the only way I could use the app was to go to my phones settings > Monzo > reset session and then open the app, login with my email and then open mail and click on the magic link. Everything would take time to load up but I was able to use the app. As soon as I hit the home button on my phone, I would have to do it all over again to get into the app.

Last week, I was asked to turn off all IFTTT triggers for monzo as they thought there was some kind of conflict between IFTTT and monzo. I did that, deleted the app and turned off my phone (as requested) and then turned the phone on and re-downloaded the app etc. It didn’t work.

Tonight I was told that a lot of time had been spent over the last few days on my issue alone and that they thought the basic problem was the same, a conflict between IFTTT and Monzo.

I was again asked to delete the app, re-download and to report back my findings.

It’s only been a few hours, but I have actually been able to close the app several times and re-open it without it crashing!!

Still early days, but I’m so happy I can’t tell you!