iOS 13

So in anticipation of the release of iOS13 later thought I may as well make a thread to discuss our findings.

I will be installing on the below (if compatible)

iPhone 8 (currently on latest dev beta iOS12)

iPhone 6S (currently on latest dev beta iOS12)

iPad Air (currently on latest dev beta iOS12)

1 Like

Is it meant to work on the iPhone SE, or have we lowly users been cast cruelly aside? :smile:

Alas, Apple worked out I had had a free developer account for the last 3 years, when they slightly tweaked the dev website, so I no longer have free access. I’m going to have to wait a bit before I re-enroll properly.

It is the Express so take with a pinch

1 Like

There was speculation that 6SE would miss out, due to Apple releasing a follow up to this phone.

At present, this is just rumor. If the 6s gets it, I can’t see why the SE wouldn’t get it

1 Like

I will try the 6S tonight

1 Like

It is rumoured that ios13 will bring dark mode to the iPhone. Will this be on all devices, or just on devices with Oled screens? It would be nice to have it on the 6s

I’ll be putting it on my XS. It’s my main device, but i’m not too bothered about anything going wrong, it wont ruin my life.

The OSX beta will also be going on my iMac at home, but not my main MBP until the public releases arrive, as messing that up would ruin my life!

2 Likes

Keeping my fingers firmly crossed. Will be a bit gutted if we don’t get it! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hoping to get on my XS Max.

If anyone is desperate for access to the dev beta, I’ll be able to add a bunch more device ID’s to my developer account later tonight (probably tomorrow, the dev portal always gets excruciatingly slow for a few hoursafter WWDC ends).

1 Like

Or the usual profiles will land on the usual sites :wink:

2 Likes

Have to watch that iOS 13 doesn’t break Monzo or any other app as can be the case with a major iOS update

Just rollback if it does

Dark Mode obvs

You can download it now. It is a restore file, not a profile at the moment.

https://developer.apple.com/download/#ios-restore-images-ipad-new

Gonna wait for the profile me thinks

4 Likes

Dont do this- many accounts have been shut down in the past as this is a violation of the T&Cs. Monzo is popular with Apple employees so its likely a few with that power are floating around here.

2 Likes

How long do they normally take to come as an option?

Also the list for devices:

• iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS

• iPhone XR

• iPhone X

• iPhone 8, iPhone 7

• iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus

• iPhone SE

• iPhone 6s

• iPhone 6s Plus

• iPod touch (7th generation)

It generally comes out as both a profile and an image. I’m sure it was a profile last year straight away. I guess it isn’t ready to allow over the air updates yet. It depends. They may wait until July, they may release one in a week or so.