iOS 13

You also need macOS 10.15 or the latest version of X code installed if anybody is considering updating via the IPSW file. It’s like being back in the good old days of iOS before even installing any build OTA was a thing :nerd_face: Cue a stupid amount of bricked iPhones.

1 Like

Yeah there is an issue, I realised that after trying for about an hour and then visiting MacRumors :tired_face:
Currently installing macOS 15.5 before I go back to iOS 13.

Bricked iPhones from iOS updates are usually easy to recover in DFU mode.

You need to have the Xcode Beta installed. Plus Monzo is broken.

You also need macOS 10.14 or 10.15 to install the Xcode 11 Beta.

My main Mac is stuck on High Sierra so just installing 10.15 on an old Macbook Pro (the irony!) so I can install it. Time to report Monzo broken as a bug? :sunglasses:

Trying to get the crash log but my Mac might be updating right now :thinking: and it’s just showing up blank on the phone. Can get through the login flow right up to clicking on the link in email and then it just freezes. So maybe not a crash :man_shrugging:

This is all I see when opening now.

Have bugged this elsewhere

2 Likes

I really hope the OTA profile drops by tomorrow as I don’t really wanna dick about with the IPSW and XCode, it’s late and it’s 2019 not 2010

Lot of apps asking for Bluetooth permissions now cough Facebook, YouTube

1 Like

Seems the OTA was binned so the dev profiles won’t be shared they way to used to be.
I do see the point in this.

2 Likes

Getting the same on the TestFlight build.

I reckon it will be out shortly I mean they have let everything else go the same way.

Public Beta will be OTA.
First few betas, maybe not. They are even warning people regarding this beta. They know it’s currently broken!

https://forums.macrumors.com/attachments/7299fdd8-0955-497b-9ce1-9fdf07a3130d-jpeg.840368/

In fairness, they always warn people from jumping on the hype train. They always state wait for the public version and yes, it will be available over the air eventually. I think it was iOS 10 developer beta 1 that made iPhones overheat as it wasn’t optimised at all.

Its all fun and games as long as you are aware of the possible problems :grin: .

First time I’ve seen something like this though. They’ve never had this kind of warning. Not that I can recall anyways.

There could be a number of reasons why they have made it more obvious. They may have had a spike of people returning iPhones for repair last year due to the leaking of the developer beta profile etc. It doesn’t specifically mean its more buggy, just they are being more obvious with the warning about its flaws. Apple has always stated to use it on a test device and the betas have always not been very good at first. Like anything, its usually best to go in at the 3rd or 4th build as the major bugs are getting squashed and its started to be optimised.

I recommend people to always good to read the release notes too to find out what they are in for.

I don’t understand how you can brick a phone though, there’s always ways to restore if an install goes tits up.

1 Like

How long does Xcode take to unzip! :weary:

1 Like

Same here, hope there is a fix soon, this seems to be one of my only main apps that isn’t working!

1 Like

Yep. It seems quite stable for me except Monzo.

3 Likes

Do you need XCode? I’ve just used 10.15 and the beta command line tools, along with the IPSW installed as an update.

@anon72173902 I bricked my iPhone 7+ downgrading from a public beta… just wouldn’t restore at all, took into into an Apple store and they had to replace it, as their diagnostic software confirmed it wouldn’t boot, so it is possible.

When I first attempted to install it on macOS High Sierra, right after the launch, it actually tried to update iTunes and promptly crashed the update. It then couldn’t find it on the server when I retried. After failing for an hour the MacRumours forum suggested Xcode.

I pulled a 10.14 computer and just updated it to 10.15 so didn’t try on 10.14. When I had installed 10.15 I did install the Xcode beta as that was suggested as a fix, but it never used Xcode when I updated my iPhone.

I wonder if you need 10.14+ to update to iOS 13 right now and Xcode to install on 10.14 and not for 10.15. Just currently installing iPadOS on 10.15 so will delete Xcode to confirm 10.15. Edit: It didn’t need Xcode.