Apple WWDC 2019

Best part of the whole thing was that awkward presentation from Minecraft :joy_cat:

1 Like

That was major awks

5 Likes

Yay… 6SE

From Apple’s iOS 13 Press Release.

• iPhone 6S and later.
  • iPadOS on iPad Air 2 and later, iPad mini 4 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, and all iPad Pro’s.

2 Likes

I am aware of this. I have ran WWDC iOS developer builds since 2010.

Good to let others know though. It can be awfully unstable at first launch.

$1k for a stand :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

It might be $1k, but it can be used as a stand!

2 Likes

I’m actually bemused that people will pay $5000 for a monitor that doesn’t come with a stand.

And then they’ll pay another $999 for what is effectively a peice of metal.

Wow. I think Apple have actually hit a new level of craziness.

8 Likes

Can you find me an equivalent monitor?

1 Like

I could find you an equivalent stand

1 Like

Sky News’ view.

Reports from the company’s Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) on Monday suggested the audience could be heard murmuring - with a handful of boos - when the pricey stand was announced.

No then?

Wtf

Apple charging ridiculous prices for things isn’t a new concept :rofl::rofl: - if you don’t want it don’t get it (not saying anyone is arguing that).

That’s not to say it isn’t farcical that a monitor doesn’t come with a stand but hey ho that’s the Apple way we go!

1 Like

Ahhhh, the good old Apple pricing discussion…

It is hopefully very clear that the Mac Pro and Monitor aren’t designed for general consumer use.

In the same way that a huge amount of the people buying the monitors will have them wall mounted, or mounted onto existing stands/arms.

It’s also probably worth people actually looking into what else is out there from a comparison point of view. The new Apple kit doesn’t seem as expensive as you might think.

But again, these 2 products specifically really aren’t designed for me and you… They are for businesses/professionals who wouldn’t think twice about dropping 20K on IT equipment.

4 Likes

People seriously flagging posts for no reason? This community… honestly sometimes I wonder :smile:

Still serious question, what’s an equivalent monitor?

I believe people are forgetting this.

2 Likes

It’s not so much about the price of the monitor (at least not in my mind) but for that amount of money I’d expect the stand to be included, or at the very least not cost me another grand on top.

There is a stand included with the monitor.

The likelihood is though many people are going to go with vesa options for their production setup with this kind of system.

1 Like

No offence intended, but this was my very point… You (and me), are not the target market for this.

Business and professionals are, and they will not be concerned with what costs what… If they want it all, they’ll have it all.

How the price is broken down is almost irrelevant - Yes, I massively chuckled when I saw the stand was $999 - But I also laughed at buying a Mac Pro for $5999 (starting from :grimacing:).

We are the kind of people who would try and squeeze the value out of things - The people who are buying Mac Pros and $5000 monitors really couldn’t care less.

It also comes back to the comparison of what else is out there in the market? I’m yet to see an equivalent monitor for less.

1 Like