Help us improve social payment features 🙏🏼

Here are my thoughts on potential improvements to social payment features. For each section (Bill splits and payment requests, Shared tabs, Other), I’ve listed the features/improvements in order of my personal preference.

Looking forwards to seeing the improvements in Monzo’s social payments features!

Bill splits and payment requests

• Being able to send reminders for payment requests like you can with bill splits.

• Tracking of monzo.me bill split payments and monzo.me payment requests, so they get marked as paid (this could also be useful for Monzo Business customers who use the feature to get paid for invoices via monzo.me).

• Including a note when you send a bill split, so you can explain what a bill split is for.

Split received money.

• Being able to bill split the remaining amount after already sending a bill split for that transaction.

• Share receipts when sending a bill split.

Editing bill splits.

Shared tabs

Partially settle a shared tab.

• Being able to add a note/description of what the transaction is for when adding an item to a shared tab and being able to add a receipt/share a receipt added to your transaction.

Calculate splits in local currency. The issue of transactions needing time to settle would need to be overcome.

• Different options when dividing up a shared tab item (percentages, shares - basically what Splitwise has).

Other

• I think it would be good to be able to share your account details from Payments → Request, since that seems like a natural place to find that option (this might be more of a general payments feature, but seems easy to implement?).

Monzo-to-Monzo recurring payments. This would make Monzo easier to use with other Monzo users (network effects etc…).

8 Likes