Attach PDF (and any other format) to transactions

Im getting more and more receipts via email as a PDF and would like to attach them to the transaction in Monzo, like I can do with images. (Unless I use some very clever setup with mirrors) I can’t currently do that.

Would love monzo to remove attachment limitation to images only.

6 Likes

This would be useful, and there’s been some previous discussion of it, though all are quite old now. You’ll see that Richard, one of the Monzo developers, has also previously looked into automatically adding email receipts into transactions.

1 Like

I quite like the way Xero does this - there is a “magic” email address that you can forward emails with attachments to. The attachments then appear in a “files inbox” on the Xero site; when you are viewing a transaction (a bill, for example) you can say “attach file” and pick the file out of the inbox.

You can also upload files directly through the browser to attach to transactions, but when they have arrived by email the “forward to magic address” workflow is much easier.

4 Likes

This is vital!

1 Like

Is this something Monzo is looking into?

1 Like

I love the feature of photographing receipts. But I think it would be awesome too if we could upload PDF receipts as well as a lot of places now send them.

4 Likes

This was requested some time ago here;

I guess when Monzo have completed their Big List they will start to look into these things to improve the functionality.

1 Like

I would also like this! When I buy bigger items online I’d like to add the PDF confirmation so if I need it for warranty etc I know where it lives… in my financial hub Monzo :wink:

1 Like

I’d also be super interested in an export to concur / expensify, for them pesky work expenses.

Currently The Trainline app does a nice version of this; essentially the reciept with a small branded border with Date / Time / Cost in there, to share with expensing services.

For those of us who have expenses on Monzo, and use the receipt bit to track, a nice more automated workflow would be good.

2 Likes

+1 from me.

I currently do screenshots but the text is so small :telescope:

1 Like

I do that too, but it’s not exactly an ideal solution

1 Like

Until Monzo implement this I suggest using one of the many pdf to jpg conversion websites available, although I don’t recommend using them if the pdf includes bank or detailed debit card details.

1 Like

Someone made a shortcut on iOS to automatically turn PDF into jpg but can’t find the link

Well, I hope that Monzo action this soon. As I’ve said before, this is such a simple feature to add which will greatly enhance the user experience

1 Like

Any update on this?

Please vote for this people to get this on to Monzo’s radar.

1 Like

I was just thinking about this, as I mostly order online I get PDF receipts by email or downloadable straight from the website. This would be really handy.

1 Like

Someone has built a service that automatically converts email receipts and integrates them beautifully into Monzo app.

Perhaps this would help:

2 Likes

Looks like a good service, however I rather not allow third parties access to my account. Thank you for the suggestion @Ordog !

2 Likes

I’ve been saying this for a long time. Seems like an easy thing to accomplish, at least on the surface anyway

2 Likes

You can embed all sorts of malicious things into a PDF compared to an image. So it would be a big security headache for starters.

1 Like