Let Us Upload PDF Receipts

Please can you add a way to upload receipts as PDFs. This is how most receipts arrive these days. PDFs would take up less space on Monzo’s servers than photos, so win, win all round.

1 Like

Hi. Welcome.

This has been suggested quite a few times.

The top one is the most popular vote wise, but not really gaining much traction either way. I wouldn’t say it’ll never happen, but I wouldn’t hold your breath!

2 Likes

Why not screenshot the PDF?

Yes it has. Seems to have last been suggested in 2019 but the suggestion seems to have been ignored :disappointed:.

PDFs don’t always fit on a screen. Also adding another step to the process makes it more clunky and time consuming. If I do several in a row am in going to upload the correct screenshot of the PDF to the correct item purchased? One thumbnail of half a PDF looks very similar to another. It’s fraught with disaster and doing your accounts is hard enough as it is. A simple ‘upload from file’ would be sooo much easier but the thanks for the suggestion :+1:t3:

One of the other topics mentioned a security threat as code can be embedded in a PDF (learn something everyday) so that might be why it’s never appeared.

Ah yes I see @HJay.

If I’m totally honest, the reason I barely use that feature is that I don’t totally trust Monzo not to remove the feature and lose all my receipts. I keep anything essential in a different place that’s not a button that look fragile and forgettable like the Monzo receipt feature.

Also, they’re not searchable, so v limited use for me.

But I’m not discounting your use of it. And yes, your suggestion sounds reasonable.

1 Like

Now I’ve heard it all!

I mean, sure. They can, but what a cop out.

You don’t see iCloud preventing your from storing and reading your PDFs on their servers right?

It’s an easy threat to defend against, and the risk is already quite low. If supporting this feature would jeopardise security then I’d already be doubting the integrity of their infrastructure without it. I don’t buy it.

2 Likes

To be fair, it wasn’t a Monzo person saying it, just one of us.

1 Like

Yes. Please add this functionality!! Receipts are almost always in PDF which can be searchable etc. My onedrive scans documents auto detecting receipt edges, to PDF.
PDF type shouldn’t be huge addition

Maybe the AWS account Monzo uses doesn’t support PDF uploads?

Here’s the web location and an example picture file I tagged to a recent transaction to test: https://mondo-production-image-uploads.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/v2/user_00009KljRPqyMKZgDPmj3Z/tC4q7xpEQW3s3wDOAEGG-d4427c07-1d93-41a5-a686-37bcc6a26203

+1

Please can we have the ability to Upload PDFs! Many of my PDF receipts are multi page documents - I really don’t want to have to screenshot multiple pages of a PDF let alone multiple PDFs. It’s just a time suck for a document that already exists in the correct form.
If I can do it on my Starling personal account why can’t I do it on my Monzo Business account?

1 Like

:eyes: :point_down:

<string name="transaction_attachment_pdf_added">PDF added</string>

@davidwalton :heart_hands:

4 Likes

Ah, does that mean they’ve incorporated it into Version 5.67?

I’ve just tried it in Version 5.68 and I still don’t have the option attach a .pdf. Do you think it’s coming, not live yet but they are putting in the code for it now?

I don’t have the option to attach a PDF yet, with version 5.69.0

The code is in there & probably being tested internally. It’s a waiting game!