Making Monzo Better: The Big List

As part of our Monzo 2.0 announcement, today we’re committing to building or improving a whole bunch of features.

And we want you to follow along with us.

So, here’s our Big List :tada:

Let us know what you think!

59 Likes

This is brilliant - good to see an exhaustive list of what’s to come!

1 Like

Really impressive. I’m so happy to see that joint accounts, which is the only thing currently preventing me from going #FullMonzo is so close… cant wait!

3 Likes

This is great, will be interested to see what the competitive savings rate is for Pots. It would be great to combine some savings into Monzo as well!

3 Likes

Really nice overview of whats to come, thank you! :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to Improving recurring payments and Interest on pots :honey_pot:

I wonder if other payment systems are being considered by Monzo atm (e.g Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Samsung Pay?)

4 Likes

Great to see such a comprehensive list - and really reassuring to see that feedback from the Community has been listened to.

This level of transparency is exactly what I love most about Monzo - time to make use of CASS!

5 Likes

This is super awesome.

Interested to see interest on Pots. I wonder if this is paid directly by Monzo, or in–keeping with your original manifesto to seamlessly take advantage of the best of the market elsewhere from inside the Pot? Or maybe it’s the former as a stopgap for the latter?

Anyway, as someone who’s never really been convinced on your transparency through the faffing about with the Trello thing, this is a big leap forward. Exciting.

6 Likes

Fantastic blog post! Monzo really are going full steam ahead now! Really looking forward to the items in this list!
I’m surprised and very interested in pots interest, I wonder how this will be implemented? Maybe as @j06 posts above a early version of the market place intergration with one supplier with good rates, rather than monzo actually supplying it themselves.
Tidying up reoccurring payments is a big plus from me also along with a web interface for those emergencies where you need to check your balance but lost your device etc.

Well done :mondo: team! Keep up the amazing work :rocket:

5 Likes

Love your updates! On the direct debits and recurring payments area, can you please make recurring payments to Pots a possibility?

6 Likes

This is actually stunning. I wasn’t expecting all those features coming so fast. Good luck to the team to get everything done :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This is being worked on. If you are on iOS it shows a preview of it within the sneak peeks section of the app.

5 Likes

Excellent blog. Especially excited about Joint Accounts and having a web interface. This may have been mentioned somewhere else, but is there or will there be a facility to deposit cash through a 3rd party, given the lack of branches?

2 Likes

It’s something that’s in the roadmap over the next 6 to 12 months I believe

2 Likes

So good! Love all these changes coming soon!

1 Like

I am - as always with Monzo - amazed by the customer-centric approach demonstrated yet again.

Thank you for the update. I’m looking forward to the day where more companies are following your approach.

4 Likes

This is great.

Just today I saw some comments about how they’d never use Monzo as their ‘main account’ as it had no app security, ignoring the several layers anyone would have to break through to get in, but having an optional PIN lock will definitely help convince some people to make the switch. And the interest rate on savings is brilliant, it would encourage me to keep my holiday saving fund in Monzo instead of transferring it off elsewhere.

3 Likes

If you’re interested in following along with our progress through this list, some of us engineers will be tweeting about the process here: https://twitter.com/MakingMonzo

8 Likes

Curious as to whether we will be using our card pin or an additional pin. I’m all for having one pin for the Monzo service. Wonder if that’s as secure though? I imagine it would be I mean you’re not suppose to give your card pin out :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

This is brilliant. Can’t wait for joint accounts.

1 Like

Getting interest paid on savings <<< THIS!!

13 Likes