App has stopped showing instant transaction notifications?

(Russell Macdonald) #1

Not sure if this is actually a general bug or an #isitjustme issue. One of my favourite features is that when I’m paying with my Monzo card I get an instant notification on my phone which confirms that the payment has been authorised - or on those rare occasions when it’s not I know the reason why.
For some reason I am not now getting these notifications and have to go into the app to check my balance and transactions.
In the Monzo settings, all notifications are on.
Am I missing something or is this an intentional feature change?

(Alex Sherwood) #2

As far as I’m aware, this feature hasn’t been changed - you should still be receiving notifications for every purchase. That’s assuming that you haven’t changed this setting either -

So I’m afraid the usual advice, force quit & reopen the app, then if that doesn’t work, delete the app & reinstall it, is probably your best bet here.

There have been notifications bugs in the past so if none of the above works, please do let us know.

(Rika Raybould) split this topic #3

4 posts were split to a new topic as it was becoming clear that a separate, bigger issue was occurring: Delayed push notifications on iOS [May 2017]

(Russell Macdonald) #4

To confirm, this issue was resolved by updating the app.
Separately I’ve encountered the delayed notifications issue since then.