[Android/iOS] Showing option to activate replacement card... although I haven't ordered one

I haven’t ordered a replacement card for either personal or joint accounts, but it’s showing “my replacement card arrived” option on the account page (for both accounts).

I’ve contacted support, but haven’t heard anything… :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

says the same on mine when I’ve gone through account / manage - I haven’t ordered a card and I think its just a feed progression for when you have actually ordered a card

• logic being - "expected delivery time 21-23rd December - a replacement card if you had ordered one would arrive in a couple of days :slight_smile:

IMG_3352

IMG_3351

That’s interesting, so I’m possibly not the only one! I’m on Android so don’t see that level of detail. All I’m seeing is:

Screenshot_20180919-081648__01

I assume this is a glitch rather than a genuine card reset?

2 Likes

I would assume that IF you had ordered a replacement card that is the button you would press to activate the card , maybe not that clear with the wording used :slight_smile: - I take it you haven’t pressed it to find out what the next screen says - it would presumably say “your card should have arrived” and “activate card” ?

I’m seeing the same on Android and also haven’t ordered a card

3 Likes

Just tried it… Shows the usual “activate your card” screen.

If I freeze my card it usually shows an “order replacement” option. This no longer appears, as the activate replacement option is taking its space. That’s slightly annoying as I’d have to contact support to order a replacement.

Talking of support, I’ve been waiting over 14 hours for a response now. That’s not great.

I’m seeing the same thing - with card delivery expected 17-19 August.

This looks like a bug so I’ll move it to that category.

this is what I get on iOS - which is exactly what I would expect on freezing my card

IMG_3353

then press activate new card

IMG_3354

Same here on Android

This may be a bug however Monzo sometimes proactively order replacement cards when there is a chance your card details have been compromised by a third party merchant. As you have raised it with support I would just wait for their reply as obviously they will be able to tell you which one is the case.

I would expect Monzo to make a post shortly if a breach has occurred.

Cases of Monzo ordering replacements:

I have the same thing - I am on Android.

Reported this on Chat Day before yesterday but no reply or acknowledgement yet. Actually just checked they have not even read my message. :roll_eyes:

Wow, so you’re looking at 24 hours+ without a reply? I didn’t mark this as urgent (as it’s not), but that’s unacceptable.

2 Likes

Yep! Same like you I didn’t mark it urgent but it shouldn’t take ‘days’ to at least acknowledge.

2 Likes

They’ve said they were altering how you can reorder a card yourself. I think it was in an email recently. I imagine this is just a bug.

Right now, if you want to replace your card, you have to freeze it first. Sounds simple enough, but that journey doesn’t make sense to everyone. What if you hadn’t lost your card, but it wasn’t working properly or your dog had eaten it instead?! You’d still need a new card, but you wouldn’t necessarily need to freeze it first.

So, we’ve created a new screen where you can manage everything to do with your debit card, like ordering a replacement, tracking its status and activating it once it arrives. You can also do other things, like see your card limits and manage your mobile wallet.

Making a separate screen has allowed us to make the settings screen neater, and make it easier for you to use and to find what you need. We’ll be bringing this update to the apps in the next few weeks, and you’ll be able to find it by tapping ‘manage’ in the Account tab in your app.

If they had sent you a new card they would have informed you.

1 Like

That makes sense. I can only assume the backend systems have been updated and the apps don’t know how to deal with this new state.

1 Like

I’m really sorry you’ve not received a reply yet.

We have a massive demand for support at the moment and we are working to get this back within a reasonable time frame. This is a combination of hiring, overtime and other members of staff helping us on intercom.

We are working on better card management, so this looks like a bug while we’re working on that. It’ll be with you :soon:.

4 Likes

@BethS I don’t doubt that all your COps are working hard and Monzo is really trying to get more people on-board so they can bring Support times down but like your answer above similar sort of responses have been given by Monzo staff whenever someone complained about support response times. Not a good impression at all if you want still not fully convinced people like me to start using Monzo as the main account again.

My wife had this Card replacement message on her app and she actually stopped using the card because she thought her card has been compromised and Monzo is in process of sending a new card.

Lack of response within a reasonable timeframe is more important than friendly customer service sometime.

Completely agree. To honest, my experience here has left me a little unsure if switching to Monzo was the right idea. It’s not the bug itself that’s the problem (these things happen), it’s the lack of support. My big boring legacy bank might not have emojis and GIFs but at least they respond in a few minutes…

On a more positive note, the “my replacement card has arrived” prompt has disappeared from my personal account :smile:, but is still present on the joint account :slightly_frowning_face:

This is what I had from COps

Screenshot_20180919-160805__01

And this is what another Monzo person said on Slack :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Unfortunately some bugs get fixed quicker than Cops know, and this happens so that we see less inbound!

The replacement card will change to ‘manage card’ when it’s finished.

5 Likes