You’d be better hiding all those bank details and reference on that screenshot
Any further updates on this?
There was no mention of this in the December update this month. So anytime in 2019
They did mention the ‘pay anyone easily’ was coming to Labs this month, so maybe that’s an extension of the improved payee management? Wishful thinking!
Yeah was sad to see itll not come this month
Be a big improvement when it does come though, pain at the minute transferring to my LISA, credit and Marcus accounts
Today we’re releasing a first small step towards our vision of making managing your payees as simple as your phone’s contact list.
In the latest version of the iOS and Android apps, you can now add additional bank accounts to your existing payees, and give each one a nickname to tell them apart.
To add an account to an existing payee:
- Tap on their name in the payee list to view the new payee profile page.
- Tap ‘add account’ and enter their details.
- You’ll then see the account listed with its bank logo if we can find a match.
We think this’ll be useful for friends and family that have multiple accounts (some on Monzo, some elsewhere) - as well as telling apart your own accounts outside of Monzo.
This is a first initial version, and there are some gaps:
- It’s not possible to add a new payee without paying them yet (we wanted to make this change first, to prevent a flood of new payees that then need merging later)
- It’s not possible to add an account to an existing payee directly from the bank transfer flow.
- It’s not possible to merge existing payees, or move an account from one payee to another.
- It’s not possible to rename or edit payees
We’re currently working on an update to the payees service that will allow you to add the same account to multiple payees, perfect for accounts you share with someone else. For now you’ll see an error message when trying to add a duplicate account to a different payee.
Give it a go and let us know what you think!
Nice progress Jami and good to see!
Unfortunately no good to myself just yet as in a way to distinguish different accounts at the minute I set them up as “Nathan’s Skipton” “Nathan’s Marcus” etc so will need to wait till later updates otherwise will get messy
Really like it! Looks like a great piece of work so far, excited to see the final product.
One thing that just caught me out is I accidentally deleted a contact and their account details. Would be nice to have a confirmation prompt when you hit the delete button.
Looking great so far, thanks for the update Jami!
Really nice feature, great additions! Really looking forward to the improvements you outlined.
Woah! Still not there yet but it’s great that it’s finally coming.
- desperately need the ability to merge existing payees as I’m not about to set up all my SOs again
- how do you give the accounts a nickname? Is this for new payees as can’t seem to find an option on existing payees
Is this live on iOS?
It doesn’t seem any different to me? Perhaps I am missing something.
Just spent 5 minutes manually merging payees, really painless (but once merging becomes a feature I’m sure it’ll feel instant )
It’ll be wicked to edit names, got some “last name, first name” and some in full uppercase glad to see that’ll make it in at some stage
Not sure if it’s included under “edit payees” but adding a profile photo would be great
Really nice work on this update, glad to see it’s rolled out after seeing all the screenshots from @jscheah
It is, if you have the most recent version of the app.
Really glad this first step is here!
Just tried the payees thing. Looks great!
It could do with some polishing, particularly around merging.
I have a friend’s legacy bank account which I’d transferred to before I persuaded them to join , and their Monzo account. To merge the two was a lot of manual (even pencil & paper!) work.
Here's the detailed user journey if you care
- First I tried adding the Monzo account to the legacy item, but there’s just a prompt for account details so clearly not intended to do it that way round.
- Then I tried adding legacy to Monzo by tapping the person in the carousel which of course just opens the payment screen
- Then I looked further down the “recents” list (Show more) where I found their Monzo account, so opened that and got the account details screen again… back to the payments screen, find the legacy account, no copy and paste so write details on paper, back to monzo account, type in the details, and… “there was a problem, please try again”.
- So I deleted the legacy account entry, went back to the monzo entry, and manually added the legacy account again, and it’s worked
Happy with the end result (it saved my standing order to that payee despite me deleting the legacy account for a while), but ain’t nobody (except @nexusmaniac apparently ) got time to go through all of that every time you want to merge two accounts into one contact!
Great to see these little improvements though, keep up the good work
Just noticed a bug with the profile picture of a payee being blurry and low-resolution on the payee detail view. Latest iOS app on iPhone 8.
I just took screenshots, deleted the duplicates and used split screen to copy the details across
I’m also the kind of person who manually transferred all their Direct Debits across before Monzo could be used with CASS
To be fair I deleted and re-added all the Standing Orders that CASS moved because they were uneditable and the payee names were in all caps and I didn’t need the shoutyness. Monzo really caters for my OCD tendencies in that regard
It would be great, after selecting the account from the list attached to a payee, if the next screen showed you what account you had chosen, just to confirm it