Why is there a delay in getting my prepaid card?

@alexs is right with the amount per day - that’s around 2000, plus 300 replacements.

The size of a box of ~2,000 cards is LxWxD:
L= 45cm
W= 2x card width
D= 3x card width

Cheers
Anthony

2 Likes

That’s great news, no rush for my card, I’m with you guys for the long haul, building relationships take time and of course there will be ‘bumps’ from both parties on the way, keep up the cracking work.

2 Likes

That’s great news.

If (I know it’s still up in air) they do get sent out friday, I guess it’ll be at least Monday before they would arrive?

I know it’s not likely, but would be ideal if I could get it Saturday, simply cause I’m away Sunday to Tuesday and would be perfect time for me to test the card out.

Fine if not though, would just be nice :slight_smile:

One of the interesting things I think this thread shows is how many people get a Monzo card intending to use it for as a travel card.

4 Likes

To be honest, that was my initial idea, but not now! Can’t wait to get a current account so I can run everything from there

3 Likes

You might be lucky, I topped up my card on a friday and got it saturday morning!

One of the interesting things I think this thread shows, is how many people leave it to the last minute to sort out their travel money. :open_mouth: :grin:

11 Likes

Cards are sent out first class which is usually next working day so if it’s sent on a Friday then chances are it’ll arrive on Saturday.

All depends on how useless Royal Mail are feeling :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I’ve got good news - today our supplier has produced the first live cards and tested them and they worked!

This means they will be producing cards today and they will arrive at the monzo office tomorrow to be sent out. We are going to start sending out the cards we have in the office today (~2,000) and then the remaining ~3,000 tomorrow.

It’s not quite over yet, but sorry to those who’ve had problems getting their money from all of this, and thanks to those who were supportive of us. We’re nearly out of the woods!

Cheers
Anthony

14 Likes

2 Likes

this is what I’ve admittedly sold it to my younger sister with - hoping to hook her in though :joy:

1 Like

The apps just gave me a notification that my card has been dispatched
Are some going out today or was it an error?
May have missed a post but i thought they were being sent tomorrow?

Some are being sent today, thanks to the stock in the office the rest are being sent tomorrow

4 Likes

Got my card today - not bad at all considering the issues you guys faced. Thanks, excited to use it!

4 Likes

Must admit, despite my initial frustration, I don’t think you guys could have handled it any better.

Given supplier issues the fact I still got my card today, only a 2 day delay from given date, I’d say well done on getting this sorted so quickly.

10 Likes

Me and my wife both got our cards today, just delayed 2 days from the initial planned date. thank you monzo!

3 Likes

Very surprising of course. But not often that my banks have, in the past, made me absolutely burst out laughing. Thanks for that :smile:

1 Like

Still waiting on mine, my housemates ordered theirs four days after mine and received them yesterday. Still, though, the app suggests tomorrow as the delivery date so I’m giving them until then. The customer service, however, is super fast, so they have that going for them.

Just a quick update!
Some more detail of what happened has been posted here: Delays sending out cards

:slight_smile:

1 Like

If you’d like to add anymore comments about this, a blog post has been posted here: Delays sending out cards