Waiting for my Monzo Card

Waiting for my new card so I’m ready for my holiday! How long does it take usually? I may have to try elsewhere.

If you’ve got to the top of the queue & transferred the £100 to your Monzo account, then the card will be sent to you 1st class :zap:

If you’ve just signed up & are seeing a message saying that you’re in a queue, in the app, then the last update we got is that the waiting time is 1-2 weeks.

If you’re in the queue & you’re going on holiday in less than 2 weeks, let me know…

1 Like

Thanks alexs I’m not going until 20 April but will keep an eye on it.

1 Like

Great, I’d definitely recommend waiting for Monzo as

Text from Monzo’s FAQs page.

& even ‘no commission’ money changers won’t give you the Mastercard conversion rate that you get from Monzo.

Do you need a Golden Ticket to get you to the front of the queue or have you already got that far?

1 Like

I would have offered to send Maureen one if she wasn’t going to receive the card in time for her holiday.

But since giving someone a golden ticket makes everyone else in the queue who doesn’t have a ticket wait (slightly) longer, it doesn’t seem fair to give them out unless there’s an exceptional circumstance to me. But it’s good of you to offer :slight_smile:

I signed up last night and am in the queue with 8,700 people ahead of me, but leave on holiday this Friday. Is there any way I can get my card in time?

I’ll send you a DM now.

stands back and watches floodgates open…

5 Likes

We could have a thread titled ‘convince me to give you a golden ticket’ in which would be monzonauts can give us their best pitch as to why they should skip the queue?

2 Likes

I don’t know how i feel about this. The point of a golden ticket (or how i see it) is to try and convince a friend/family member/ co worker ect to join. I think having a spammy thread begging may really cause some hostility.
I can see it going the same way​ that invites for the oneplus products went with people​ spamming threads.

2 Likes

There is a new twitter account @MonzoTicket just tweeting a golden ticket over and over (link seems legit) for anyone to jump the queue. At first i thought “ooo this is naughty” but then thought “who cares? they are doing free marketing for monzo”.

I think monzo are using it more to get cards straight to people who’ve already been given the ‘hard sell’ by their friends or who are really eager to get the card (eg. Creating a discussion about the waiting list, searching social media for a link or nagging friends/monzo about waiting for it) rather than people who just happened across it or aren’t that bothered to wait a week or two.

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s really marketing if presumably, only people who’re looking to sign up to Monzo already will find the account.

I can’t see how Monzo (or the users who are queuing) are benefiting from that. Still, it should be straightforward to spot & shut down, if Monzo wants to.

That’s true. But somehow it showed up to me today and i just have the most basic twitter search like “monzo” to see what’s going on in their world. They are spreading some sort of word if not marketing! :open_mouth:

I was being rather tongue in cheek - was hoping for some spectacular made up reasons!

I’d imagine only a small percentage of soon to be Monzo users would come to forums to ask for ticket. I wouldn’t mind giving anyone a ticket, just because they went through this effort to show up here to ask.

I’m a bit ‘meh’ about this twitter account sending golden tickets, seems too spammy/over the top. I considered my queue waiting time as quite beneficial, reading forums, checking things. Expediting user experience for masses can not necessarily be a good thing.

I know that it can be argued that there’s not much of a difference, but I feel there’s empirical difference in those two methods of getting golden ticket.

This is my take on golden tickets. If someone has gone to the minimal effort of asking, they can have one!

Noooo! Make them beg!

(I can’t talk… I was probably one of the first to discover the email hack. I did at least tell one of Tom’s acquaintances about it over dinner. I wonder if he let on?)

Still waiting for the Monzo card hoping it will be sorted before 20 April. Not sure what to do now. But it will be good for other trips. :grinning:

Have you got to the top? Or are you still in the queue ?