πŸ”œ When switching between two accounts don't show options

When I switch between my personal account and joint account with my partner its unnecessary to display the options, as theres only one other account I want to view. This would apply to anyone who has no more than 2 accounts with monzo. Unless theres another consideration I’d like the switch to happen immediately.

Given I have exactly 2 accounts with monzo
When I press switch account
Then I can immediately see my other account

It’s obvious, right? If you only have two accounts, and you click the Switch Account button, obviously you want to switch to the only other account, right?

Sadly, when this new switcher was introduced (in anticipation of other account possibilities coming β€˜later’, for example Business, Family, … um,… ), that obvious specific case was not implemented. Shame really.

Earlier discussion: Extra tap in switching to joint account

See also Two is an impossible number, and Zero One Infinity Rule, for the software-developer-way-of-thinking that lies behind the current implementation. Usually, it’s not a good idea to let people who think like that design apps for normal people.

1 Like

FWIW the new nav - enabled in labs - uses the new scrolling, carousel selection for Personal account (plus any Pots in the PA), Joint Account (plus any pots in the JA) and any connected credit cards.

It’s a far more elegant way to navigate through multiple accounts - but there are other areas that need work too,.

3 Likes