What's your smartwatch? ⌚

Apple fan boy through and through :flushed:image

3 Likes

Fitbit without Fitbit Pay.
Currently a Fitbit Charge 2, but my next will probably be the Versa which does have Fitbit Pay.

1 Like

Samsung watch 42mm.20190303_162516

1 Like

Apple Watch…
would love to see balance added to a watch app

1 Like

I’ve just abandoned ship :neutral_face:

Patiently awaiting the Pixel watch :disappointed:

4 Likes

I have a fitbit with a leather strap, just so it looks a bit more like a watch than just a step/HR tracker.

I don’t use the contactless with my phone so I wouldn’t want a watch that had it, I’m happy with my cards being contactless for now.

1 Like

Just bought a Huawei band 4 for about £30.

Snap. Hoping, like @simonb, that there will be a pixel watch in the future

1 Like

Seems like Google’s acquisition of Fossil’s smartwatch division will probably make that a reality. We’ll see what Google IO brings…

2 Likes

I think Google’s main problem is the lack of decent silicon to power a watch. I would think one of Qualcomm’s competitors would see an opening, but this has been going on for years now. :slightly_frowning_face:

I use a sunnto ambit3 at the moment if I could afford it though if get either the Garmin finex 5 or the Garmin tactix.

I preordered the Apple Watch Series one when it was first announced.

I kept it until last year and always thought of it as just a gimmick.

Native apps never worked and if they did they had no functionality.

Notifications were the best part.

Having to take it off and charge it every night would cause me to just forget about it for weeks.

Happy to try out another watch though. What would you all recommend for an iPhone user?

I don’t know much about the Apple range. I’ve used Garmin and sunnto watches as I like to have a navigation option where I can get 10 figure grid references as well as all the normal sports/activity tracker stuff. I also find them the most robust of the watches available.
They aren’t for everyone as they at quite bulky and have larger price tags and for some they do too much.

1 Like

Its a very good question. I love my Apple Watch, and find i use it more than i think. However! I also enjoy running and i find the Apple Watch a poor second to Garmin for running. I actually wear both at the moment but its clear to me that the Garmin is much better for my running needs!

Having said that, having just run the London Marathon, my Garmin had a moment and told me i had run further than i actually had, which is a bit confusing when you are at mile 19 and it says you are at mile 22! Although i was not alone, many have said on different forums that they had the same experience.

So i guess, not one is the best, at the moment … or, we each have slight different needs ??

1 Like

Hey you can’t say stuff like that, this is a forum, its not a place for reasoned thinking!! :rofl::laughing::joy:

2 Likes

Failed … ! Sorry, could i use the excuse that i am a newbie to posting on the forums ??!

1 Like

Ha! Continue as you are!

1 Like

Apple Watch Series 4 for me, use it more and more for running, had to go back to the inbuilt workouts app, as Strava on the watch is a total dumpster fire

2 Likes

For fitness and battery life I decided to go with Garmin Fenix 5, it last sometimes up to 2 weeks and sometimes longer and has everything that I need from it.

NFC payments would have been great, but it wasn’t available when I purchased the watch.

Also note that the keepers for the straps can be purchased separately or Garmin will send these out, don’t make the mistake of buying the whole strap like i did.

1 Like