Apple Watch Series 4

Much bigger screen by the looks of it… That watchface is too busy for my liking though!

4 Likes

Not sure about the new phones but I’m preordering this as soon as it’s announced. The Series 3 was way too thick for my liking. Bonus point if they also release this gold color (so it can match my Mac and iPhone).

2 Likes

Watch faces can be changed… so not a problem, will check it out first of course!

2 Likes

That’s a seriously busy watch face… I got a series 1 a few months back to test the water and I love it although it is a little on the slow side. Maybe I’ll consider an upgrade!

Article didn’t mention anything about the solid state crown which everyone seems to have been talking about for ages :thinking:

https://ams.com/-/ams-introduces-sensor-reference-design-for-blood-pressure-vital-signs-for-smart-health-and-wearables - here’s hoping

1 Like

Hubba hubba!

Those proportions :ok_hand:t2:

Finally!

4 Likes

I’ve never been tempted simply due to the short battery life. The new watch face looks good and yes I would use almost all of it’s functions, but if I have to charge it after 18 hrs of use, I’ll give it a miss.

1 Like

I normally get 2/3 days use out of my Series 3. The battery issue isn’t an issue really.

2 Likes

How does it perform if exercising (really interested to know about running)?

Lucky you, I charge my Series 2 every day, but I think that is due to the sleep tracker (http://autosleep.tantsissa.com/) singlehandedly eating probably around 30 to 50% of my battery every night…

Really wish they introduce a native one…

Ah yes well that’s not something the Watch is designed for so will drain the battery.

I charge mine every night anyway and don’t need a sleep tracker. I’ve had them in the past but they don’t really affect my actual sleep in any beneficial way so I don’t personally miss it.

Obviously battery will reduce more if exercising but I don’t notice much drain. I would say if I exercise for an hour each day then the battery will give me two full days but may be at the end of the battery by that point.

Are you doing somersaults in your sleep or something? My Series 2 loses only 5–10% of battery overnight while running Autosleep.

1 Like

Fair point, I just assumed it is that, but maybe it is the fact that i have way too many notifications popping on my screen from 7 to 22 :slight_smile: Or the fact I’ve connected my headphones to it as well (though not really using that feature that much, I should probably really remove that as somehow they are always connected to both my phone and watch at the same time, which is probably unnecessary drain on at least two of them)

To answer @Vacuumfriends question - I haven’t noticed any significant % drain - by hitting the gym for an hour with 30min cardio and 30min swimming I’d say battery does not tend to decrease by more than 1%…

2 Likes

I do like the look of that watch itself but i agree that there is too much happening on the screen.

I would like to see the complications improved on the watch as i think more can be done to display more information like the ones in the corner of the display.

I bought a Fitbit Versa whilst I waited for Series 4 but based on the Versa and the Fitbit app, it will take a lot for Series 4 to win me back. The Versa battery lasts a week, compared to a day and half with the Apple Watch and the Fitbit app is light years ahead of Apples health app, super impressed.

2 Likes

As a pure exercise item, definitely agree that Fitbit wins over.

For me, I use my Apple Watch for much, much more… payments using Apple Pay… boarding passes for flights… even open doors in some hotels… notifications during meetings… changing music on the go… quick glances at my to-do lists and reminders and calendar invites… world clock when I’m travelling (to know the time in the UK quickly) and many other things - Siri mostly (timers, alarms, reminders, calendar meetings etc).

So for me, the Apple Watch is very much worth it. But I completely take the point that for pure exercise it’s not up to scratch.

I also think it looks nicer and more refined than any Fitbit!

1 Like

All very good and well but the Apple Watch battery barely lasts one long haul flight :man_facepalming:t5:

2 Likes

That’s actually my biggest dislike of it - I want a watch to be charged once a month not once a day.

2 Likes

Looks a nice watch, agree the watch face in the photo looks way to busy! Don’t think I justify upgrading from series 3! Plus I’m stuck in contract with EE until Jan 2020! :roll_eyes: