What's your smartwatch? ⌚

There’s been a lot of talk about whether folk want Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay and Garmin pay. Rather than talking about the payment schemes themselves, I’m curious about how many people wear which type of smartwatch(es): :watch:

• Apple watch
  • ASUS Zenwatch
  • Fitbit (with Fitbit Pay)
  • Fitbit (without Fitbit Pay)
  • Garmin watch
  • Huawei watch
  • LG watch
  • Moto 360
  • Nokia/Withings watch
  • Samsung Gear
  • Tag Heuer
  • Other (fill us in below!)
  • None - I wear a traditional watch
  • None - My wrists go commando!

0 voters

2 Likes

Ticwatch Pro

5 Likes

A Xiaomi Band 3, it has all the features of a Fitbit but at a quarter of the price.

I rarely have to charge it as the battery lasts around a month and it’s perfect for checking my notifications at work when I can’t pull out my phone to check.

https://m.buy.mi.com/uk/item/3184200014

2 Likes

The ‘doomed’ company appears to be doing well :wink:

4 Likes

Fitbit Charge 2 HR on my right arm and LG Watch Style on my left.

Neither of them have NFC for payments though. I might upgrade the LG Watch Style to a Fossil Sport. Runs Wear OS on a newer processor and has NFC.

2 Likes

What you need, is a Samsung Gear and a Starling account :joy: (I think that works?)

Out of curiosity why do you wear a watch on each arm?

1 Like

Skagen Falster 2 here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Traditional watch for special occasions & a Fitbit Charge 2 for everyday use :smiley: (no Fitbit pay)

I’ve been very tempted by the Fossil Sport :eyes: but it would end up replacing my Fitbit and I prefer Fitbit to the Google Fit app :thinking: so I’m not sure I’ll ever go back to a nice Google Wear watch :stuck_out_tongue: it would be nice though!

1 Like

Fossil watch q exploration gen 4. Has NFC for Google pay which works great. Battery will last 24 hours but I have to charge it every night.

https://fossil.scene7.com/is/image/FossilPartners/FTW4012_main?aemResponsive_pdpzoom

Apparently the newer fossil sport has the new 3100 chipset so should be better on :battery:

1 Like

I don’t consider smartwatches and fitness trackers to be the same thing really. My Fitbit stays on for 5-7 days and tracks sleep. The LG is for notifications etc and only lasts a day. If someone made a lightweight smartwatch that’s comfortable to sleep in and lasts a week I’d be in!

8 Likes

TicWatch Pro

4 Likes

Used to have a G Watch R and then a Huawei Watch 2 but I sold the latter and now don’t bother :slight_smile:

1 Like

None! Don’t see any benefit to having a smart watch at the moment. The only thing I’d find useful is notifications, that way I know whether to bother reaching for my phone to reply to a message etc. Not worth it for hundreds of pounds they are.

I’d ideally like to see Google do a smart watch at some point as it might be the tipping point to convince me to move back to android. Unless of course they tried to charge the same as Apple do

1 Like

I’ve had an LG which was good, but ugly, too large and not waterproof.

Next was a Fossil Q. Lovely to look at (just a traditional watch). Gave you notifications, via a buzz, and then the hands pointing to a particular number, depending on what you’d received. This was set by you in the app. Again though, not waterproof, and no heart reading.

Now on a withings sport HR. I love it, it’s great to look at, looks like a normal watch, is small. It takes my heart reading, it’s waterproof, and it has a very small screen to ticker tape stylee show you messages. Battery life is nearly a month.

Hybrid watches like this are the ones for me now. No need for a fully functioning smart watch that you have to charge every night.

1 Like

Same for me - for £20 it is a fantastic piece of kit.

1 Like

I used to wear a Garmin Forerunner (not a smart watch) when I was doing a lot of running, and a Garnin Edge cycle computer for cycling. I lost my traditional wristwatch so wanted something that could track (and motivate) my fitness activities and look smart enough for any occasion (interchangeable straps). As I had already switched to an Apple phone, then the Apple Watch series 3 was what I went for. I like the integration with Strava (amongst many other things) and particularly like the general activity tracking by means of the activity rings. I don’t tend to use the Apple Pay on the watch itself just the phone. Lots of other smart features that integrate with iphone apps and smart home gadgets

Doomed (it’s all relative) because people like me refuse to buy the latest versions of their products which are overpriced, and keep a device for 2 or 3 years before upgrading to the next newer (but not latest) device!

It doesn’t do continuous heart rate monitoring though.

Yeah, I use my fitbit for sleep tracking and heart rate monitoring. I just upgraded to a Charge 3 - will see if it is better than my surge.

1 Like